☽My Girl ★ Emily Prentiss☾

An Emily x Female!Readerrequest for josephmorgasms

request for josephmorgasms.
I hope you enjoy and I hope
it was what you wanted,
sorry it's a bit short!
Word Count: 1014
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Emily and Y/N had been dating secretly behind the backs of their team members for almost a month now, the two not yet ready for the playful teasing they were sure their team would give them if they knew.

The couple were on their way to work, carpooling together since Y/N had stayed the previous night over at her girlfriend's house.

When they finally arrive at the FBI's parking lot Emily quickly plants a soft kiss to Y/N's lips before the two get out of the car and start the elevator ride up to their floor.

Once they arrive at their floor Y/N decides that she needs to go grab her some coffee to wake her up, informing her girlfriend before she does, "I'm gonna go grab some coffee Em, I'll see you later."

"Alright Y/N, enjoy your coffee." Emily says with a smile on her face before the two part ways.

With a slight yawn and a wave in Emily's direction Y/N shuffles towards the break room, opening the door and walking into the room.

Y/N then makes her way towards the coffee maker, grabbing a styrofoam cup from the stack as well as a lid before she starts to make her cup of coffee.

Once she's made her cup she puts the lid on and takes the first sip of her coffee, a huge smile making its way onto her lips as the memories of last nights movie marathon and sleepy cuddles make their way into her mind.

Which led the girl to start thinking about just how lucky she is to have Emily for a girlfriend, the two starting out as best friends before they undeniably started falling in love.

The sound of someone clearing their throat behind her makes her jump and startles her out of her thoughts, the woman turning around to see Spencer Reid sitting at the table looking up from his file.

"Geez Spencer! You scared me, I didn't even know you were in here." Y/N says with a soft laugh.

"I've been here the whole five minutes you made your coffee and then stared at the coffee machine, what's so interesting about it?" Spencer says with a quiet chuckle as he eyes her suspiciously.

"Honestly I was just enjoying my coffee, it's been a bit since I've had any coffee but I'm so tired this morning." Y/N says, a smile on her face as she joins Reid at the table.

"Someone have a late night last night?" Her friend questions.

"Yeah I was up so late watching the entirety of American Horror Story again in anticipation for the new season and it did not bother me that I had work in the morning." Y/N replies honestly, leaving out the Emily part.

"Sounds like fun, when is the new season of it supposed to be?" Spencer asks her.

"I believe it's in September this time, I haven't seen a set date for it yet though." She answers, taking a sip of her coffee after before she stands up, "I'm gonna go get started on all the stuff piled on my desk. It was nice talking to you Spence, I'll see you later." Y/N says before smiling at him and leaving the break room to make her way to her desk.

A couple of hours later after finally finishing the stack of papers Y/N gets up from her seat, stretching and walking over to throw her now empty coffee cup in the garbage bin.

Derek notices and takes this as he opportunity to finally hit on Y/N, him still thinking the girl is single and wanting to know if maybe she took some interest in him.

"Hey baby girl, how's it going?" Morgan questions, putting his arm on her shoulder.

Y/N laughs a bit and smiles kindly at him, "It's going good, I finally finished the pile of paperwork on my desk."

"You look good this morning." Derek replies.

"Uh, thanks Derek. What's up?" She asks as she laughs nervously and shuffles away, ducking out from under his arm.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me next week?" Derek asks her.

"I'm sorry Derek but I can't." Y/N says awkwardly.

Over at Spencer's desk he was watching the whole encounter, Emily getting curious as to what he was watching before she asks him, "What are you staring at Spencer?"

"Derek and Y/N, I think they're a thing. She was all giddy this morning and now he's over there flirting with her but then again she also seems uncomfortable, maybe she wants to hide it at work?" Spencer tells Emily.

Emily grumbles a bit, deciding to finally let everyone know that Y/N was her girlfriend, and hers only.

So she marched over to Derek and Y/N before she looks at her girlfriend, "How's my girl doing?"

Y/N felt her cheeks heat up before she looks at Emily, a huge smile on her face, "I'm good, how are you Em?"

"Woah wait you two are together?" Derek questions Emily.

"Yeah we are, we've been together for almost a month now, were you just flirting with my girl?" Emily questions Derek.

"Oh, sorry Emily. I didn't know you two were together, I didn't even know Y/N was lesbian/bisexual." Derek answers honestly.

"It's all good Derek, we haven't told anyone yet after all but I figured it's time." Emily answers a smile on her face as she wraps her arm around her girlfriend's waist.

"Congrats you two, you're actually super cute together." Morgan says with a chuckle before smiling at them and heading back to his desk.

News soon spread around the BAU office about Emily and Y/N being a couple and the the playful teasing she knew they would get came soon after.

But the two girls didn't mind, happy to finally be able to share their adorable relationship with the members of their team who are all like a big happy family.

☽ ★ ☾