School secrets

Melody's POV

I wake up early. It's about 6:00am when my alarm goes off. I'm still half asleep when I stumble into the shower. I have to get up so early or else Skye bad cherry will steal the bathroom. And they take forever.

When I get out I dry off and go back to my room. I love my bedroom. The walls have been painted blue and it has a double bed in the centre, with a cosy window seat over-looking a really pretty garden.

I quickly get dressed in black jeans and a black t-shirt with silver stars on.

Then I put some mascara and lip balm on. Nothing too heavy, I plug in my hair dryer and make sure my hair is 100% dry before I head downstairs.

In the kitchen I see cherry cooking eggs. Hah. Must be her turn to cook today. She's wearing a cute purple knee length dress with red leggings and a red necklace and bracelet. Cherry loves to accessorize. All I ever wear is my lucky charm bracelet and my silver star necklace.

"Wow cherry. I need to take a pic of you! I mean you have no paint on your clothes!" I fake gasp "will this ever happen again!" She just shoots me an amused glance

"Har har har" wow. Sarcasm. That's my thing.

"Morning girlies!" I hear from behind. I turn around and see Skye enter the kitchen. Her blonde hair has been straightened and us down to her shoulders. She,a wearing a green long top and jean shorts. Plus she's got her dance bag with her, so I know she's going to the dance studio after school.

"Hey" I grin. I know we aren't actually related, but I really do love these girls. We are so close. I've never had such close friends before. Well apart from Joey.........

That reminds me, we had better get going. "Bye guys!" I yell up the stairs, to my 'aunt and uncle' and we leave.

We don't share a car, cherry had a red mini last birthday. Skye likes to walk to school, for some weird, unknown reason.

Me, I like to ride my bike to school, cause I'm too lazy to walk but cars I have to pass my test and I'm not the best driver. Yeah.

Cherry tried to teach me, but I um, crashed to car. Twice.

Once I'm at school I lock my bike up, and go to class. Trying to stay away from the other kids, I've always been bullied, but I don't know why, because I'm ugly? Weak?

I walk into class, oh great! Joey and... Those friends of his.... Um dan, Ethan and Lewis? Liam? Luke! That's it.

Lovely.

I take my seat at the back of the classroom, all eyes on me. I hear the whispers all around me "freak" "ugly" "nerd" "fat".

That's how it goes for the next hour. I keep my head down and drown it out. Every class is the same. Math. English. History. Science. Then it's lunch.

I buy my lunch in the cafeteria. Apple, water and a cheese sandwich. My eyes dart around the room looking for a place to sit. Cherry is with her art friends. There's Skye ... With the cheerleaders. I'm seriously concise ring going to eat in the library when I feel a tug on my arm.

"Hi Mel..." Joey says. Wow. Awkward. " sit with me!"

He leads me over to his table the other boys there already.

"Hi guys, melody'a gonna sit here with us!" Joey says.

Okay.... Well this is weird. I'm sitting between Luke and Joey, with the other two opposite.

"Oh so this is the melody we hear sooo much about!" Dan sneers looking in my direction.

Wait what! He.... Told them about me! I snap my head up to meet joeys eyes. He shakes his head. I sigh in relief.

Joey chuckles and puts his arm on the back of my chair. He whispers in my ear "I never told them I swear"

A ghost of a grin flashes on my face. No! Do not show any emotion, I don't want these people to know me, not even Joey. I don't wanna be left again.

"Joey! Luke!" I hear two girls screech. I turn storing and see a pretty girl with chocolate brown hair and blue eyes, and another with strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Jen" Joey sighs. " this is-"

The girl with the strawberry hair cuts him off

"Yeah I know. The freak" she yells, the whole room looking at us.

"Luke. What is it doing here?" The other says

"Rose. She's joeys friend!" Luke hissed.

"And she's not a freak!" Joey yells. I flinch. I remember we used to stick up for each other all the time. He puts his arm around me and then Jen goes mad.

"Get away from my boyfriend you freak!" She shrieks and pours a fruit smoothie all over my head.

I run out of the cafeteria. Hearing a bunch of people laughing at me. I hear Skye yelling at cherry, not to get involved.

In the midst of it I hear Joey yell "we are over!"

I run into a closet and curl up on the floor in a ball. Crying.

I didn't tell the girls I was bullied. Only Joey knew. He left me and took all my trust with him. The smiling happy carefree girl I was left with him.

I hear the door open and he comes in.

"H-h-how did u f-find me?" I said. Tears still flowing.

"I know you Mel. What happened three years ago? When I left?" He says looking sad. He puts an arm around me and pulls me to him "I called, you never answered. I texted but you never texted back. Why did you cut me out like that?" He says, his voice cracking.

I find myself wanting to tell him. But I quickly dismiss the thought. I can't get close to him again. He doesn't really care, not many to.

I stand up and look down at him. Chocking back sobs I tell him,

"You wouldn't understand. No one does. No one cares. Apart from my sisters!" I scream, running.

"Sisters!?" I hear behind me. I get on my bike and go home.

All I can think is about the time when we could tell each other anything. When I was happy.

I run into my room and grab the photo album under my bed, and flip to the back. There is a picture of thirteen year old me. Grinning with Joey next to me.

That girl. I don't even know who she is anymore.

---------------------------

Hey!

2 updates one day! I told u I was gonna pick it up soon!! Thanks so much!

Who's ur fav character?

Rachel ❤️

Xxx