School secrets

Melody's POV

I open up the door to my room, it can't be the girls, I mean, they just push in if they wanna talk to me.
Joey. Oh god.
"We need to talk" oh man he looks annoyed.
I shrug and leave the door open. Then sit at the window seat, waiting for him to start.
"Well...?" He says. "Have you got ANYTHING to say to me?"
Oh here we go.
"Like what?" I say, trying to keep calm. I really really need to stop snapping.
"Sisters! What your doing here?! Why you shut me out all those years ago?! I wanna know?!" He yells.
"Look" I snap, my temper getting the better of me. Again " I don't owe you anything! Your the one who burst in my room telling shut up bad calm down!"
He takes a deep breath and starts again.
"Mel. I really wanna know what happened three years ago, back on England. I saw how it killed you when I left. Why did you shut me out? It's been torturing me since I left. Please."
I glance at him, his blue eyes full of pain. Then I begin
"Joey, you were my only friend in the world. I told you about my dad, I told you about me. I trusted you with EVERYTHING I had, you were so important to me."
I look at him, he's smiling a little, probably remembering everything.
I get up and go over to the discarded scrapbook from earlier. Showing him the pages, I continue," see? I didn't forget about you at all. It's just, I needed you so much back then. Days after you left, dad killed my mum. I was next. I was in hospital for months. All that time, i waited for you to talk to me. To call me. Then you didn't."
A guilty look flashed on his face, but I carried on.
"So it seemed every day that passed a part of me broke, it was stupid to carry on hoping you would call, cause you didn't.
Months later I was adopted by Julie and Patrick, who had already got Skye vas cherry that day. They are my sisters, and I didn't tell them about being bullied. I only told you that. For the first two years I spent hours looking at the phone, begging there to be a call from you. But there never was. I gave up hope. Later I realised, as much as I needed you, i guessed you didn't need me anymore. Last year you called me. But I didn't wanna be left again, I couldn't go through that. So I shut you out." I sighed. Waiting.
Joey looked heartbroken. I was crying again by this point but I didn't care. All of a sudden he got up bad three his arms around me.
"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry!" He said, he must've been getting chocked up too, as I could feel a damp patch on top of my head. "Melody. I needed you so much back then. But I remembered the last thing you told me before I left, telling me that we couldn't be friends anymore, that you were upset. I didn't wanna hurt you anymore. Every day for the part three years I have missed you. I needed you so much. I still need you now."
I don't know how long we stood there, hugging. But I realised we were both ready to move on, move past this bump in the road.
"Are you gonna leave me again?" I whisper. Scared.
"Never" he said, stepping out of the hug, looking down at me. "Joey?"
"Yeah?"
"Best friends again?"
He gives he a look before pulling me into another hug
"We never stopped"

---------------------------
Hi!!!
Sorry it's late but it was a hard chapter to write. Was it ok? Let me know!!
Rachel ❤️
Xxx