School secrets

Melody's POV.

That night, I spent at least three hours in my bed, crying before I finally fell asleep. The beauty of sleep is that it helps forget, even for a little while.

Usually.

However, my slumber was full of nightmares, usually about Joey. How he would react to the letter, the way his face would crumple....

A few more tears fell out of my eyes at simply the thought.

My phone started ringing a few minutes later, interrupting the peaceful silence of the old hotel room we were staying in.

"Hello" I whisper, careful not to disturb Skye and cherry.

"Mellie?" The voice says on the other end.

"Micheal?" I echo, completely shocked. My brother.

My brother gas been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. Yet, he's another thing I had to hide from Joey.

"What's wrong?" I say. If he wanted to talk to me, he could come out and see me. He must know I'm on the run.

"We need you to get to London. To the ASA main gathering point. Soon." He spoke quickly and his voice was deadly, like ice. Business.

"Ok mikey. See you soon."

"Love you Mel" he says.

The line goes dead before I can say it back.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I hear a buzz as I knock on the door, to the room my brother told me too meet him in.

"Mikey..." I trail off as I enter the room. Cherry on my left, Skye on my right.

Mikey opens the door. Instantly I see it is one of the cells we have here. I should know. I spent year after year in this building. Perfecting the art in which I do as a living.

The only thing I don't see is Joey in the middle of the room.

Instantly I go from living sister, to guarded spy/assassin. Yes. I can still say I'm a trained assassin. Even if I haven't killed anyone.

My voice is cold when I speak.

"What is he doing here?" I hiss at him, my brother.

"You know him better than anyone mellie. You need to speak to him."

"About what?" I shoot back.

He leaves the room, dragging me by the wrist, firm but gentle, like only he can be.

"Listen Mel. He has unknowingly grown up around spies. His parents, we all know they are the ones who run the ASA. Hell, they even employed our parents to mice close so you would be able to protect him, while being his friend. You are his friend-"

"He thinks I hated him. I told him it was all fake. A cover" I whisper, cutting him off.

"But we all know it's not true. You lied to protect him. He will understand, once he's joined."

"What are you saying" I frown.

"His parents think it's time." He begins, his face grim. He knows how much Joey means to me.

I gulp. One day, I knew this day would come.

The day where Joey would become one of us.

A spy.

And it looked like I was going to have to train him.

"Let's go." I say. Face full of determination.

I can't let him know how I care. How I still love him as my best friend.

Friends can't exist here.

Without one of them being killed.

---------------------------

Hi!

Not much to say is there really? What do you think?? Love u all

Rach❤️