School secrets

Joey's POV

I know there's no point in chasing after her. I learnt that the hard way.

I just can't get over what she said, melody hasn't got any sisters. Does she?

Either way I've lost my chance of asking her, she stormed out if the closet.

I go back into the lunch hall, and see Jen, the girl I've been going out with for the last two years, the girl who dumped her lunch on my best-(I mean ex best friend) and I wonder why I liked her.

"Look" she sighs "I'm sorry it's just she's such a freak! It shouldn't-"

"Freak?! It?! No Jen! That girl was my best friend from back in England! I moved here and left her! I didn't want to! It's hard enough trying to make her forgive me without you" I pause and glare at the rest of the students "or anyone else trying to be mean to her!" I finish my little rant and storm out.

God. I hate people, so so much. Why do they target Mel, they did it in England, where we both lived, now they do it here, in America!

Does the WORLD hate her.

I want to do this right. I meant every word I said back in that cafeteria. I want to make it right. Starting right now.

I feel a light tap on my shoulder, I turn and see a pretty girl with bright red hair and blue eyes. A new girl.

"Um... Joey right?" She asks.

"Yeah... And you are?" I say.

"Cherry. Mel's sister"she grins. Before I can ask what she means she laughs "nope, if anyone's gonna tell you, it's going to be melody, come on!"

The girl drags me over to my friends who are all talking to the third new girl. How can they be sisters!

"Hey! Look at dan!" Luke whispers to me. I turn to look at Daniel. He's laughing with Skye, like not flirting but actually laughing, and is he... Oh my god he's blushing!

"Skye?" Cherry says "were going home to Mel, are you coming?"

"No I've got dance class but, thanks, and Joey?" Skye says "good luck".

We head out at the end of the day, and go over to a shiny red mini, which must belong to cherry.

About 5 minutes later we get to a huge house. Which must belong to the girls.

Cherry gets out and heads to the door, me following.

"Julie! Patrick!" She calls "I'm home"

A middle aged woman comes out of the kitchen.

"Cherry!! And......... You must be Joey!"

"Yeah... Is Mel here?" I ask.

"Sure sweetie, go on up!" She grins.

I head up the stairs, seeing pictures of the girls from the past three years. There's Skye in a tutu on stage. Cherry holding a piece of art and a blue ribbon.

There is also a picture of melody in a window seat overlooking a garden scribbling in her notebook.

I recognise that book, I sent it back to her home in England two years ago.

She didn't forget about me after all.

I walk over to to the door I know is hers. It's white with a mural of black musical notes all over it. Mel sure does live up to her name. Hence the songbook I sent her.

I give the door three knocks,

Then she's standing there, looking perfect even though she has red eyes from crying.

"Joey?" She says. Disbelief clear on her face. "What are you..."

"We need to talk." I say.

---------------------------

Hey!

It's so amazing that 24 people are reading my lite book!! Thank you so much. Update soon!!

Rachel ❤️

Xxx