School secrets

Tristan's POV. (Whatcha think??)

That question pulled me up short. What on this earth could she mean? I would never try to leave her! What could-
"Well. Tristan?" She isn't showing any signs of emotion. It honestly scared me. As kids this happened a lot during our training.
We'd have to perfect the 'art' of an expressionless face. Let's just say, she excelled at that.
This means one thing, she's hurt. She thinks I hurt her.
That pretty much breaks me.
"Not here." I tell her, talking lowly and quietly.
She nods, understanding what I'm trying to say.
I watch as she takes out a key from her back pocket, she's really grown up from the last time I saw her.
She skilfully gets the cuffs of in mere seconds. I'm shocked to be honest, in the last few years, she must have really thrown herself into training.
Melody leads me down a series of hallways, each one as dull and bleak as the last, all of then giving off the idea of a prison.
But I know better.
Eventually, we get to the more personalised part of the centre, the living quarters.
We sit in the big kitchen she just share with cherry and Skye. Our old friends. Wow. They really managed to stay together after all this time.
"Melody." I start. I mean business, nothing is stopping me from saying what I've got to say.
"Listen to me, I would never ever abandon you. We have gone through so much together. I've known you since forever. I can't live without knowing your right there, always." My voice is shaking slightly. I missed her and I need her go know that.
"For years I took advantage of the fact I could see you whenever I wanted. The pain of being away from you nearly killed me.
But I knew that if i tried I could get back here to you. I was captured that night, and I told the guys who were sent out to look for you that they could never get you. I knew you were too good to get caught.
I escaped about 6 months ago. They didn't really care, I wasn't saying a thing to give you away." Fierce determination was running it's course through me.
"The last months were spent getting together a list of names. People who we talked about putting our plan into action. We can so do it! All of us."
Melody is shaking, speechless. Her mask still on her blank face.
"Mel... Please." I whimper. I can't have her mad at me. She's the one person in this entire world that I'm certain I know and love.
I watch as a tear rolls down her cheek and she grins, crying.
"I missed you so much Trist." She says. "I'm so sorry I doubted you."
She literally throws herself at me, wrapping her arms around my neck, and legs around my waist. I wrap my arms around her and close my eyes, tears leaking out, relief running through me.
"I missed you so much mellie."
"Love you Trist." She mumbles and I smile. We were so close, this is normal for us really.
"Love you too Mel." I chuckle.
"What. The. Hell." I hear, and melody jumps down and grins at the boy.
"Hi Joey." She says, carefully.
He's not listening, he lunges for me.
I'm a trained spy. I honestly doubt an amateur could take me down. If I wanted it I could kill him with one blow.
But I never even want to consider that.
But I don't want to hurt this guy, because melody was looking at him with genuine concern. I couldn't.
So I take his arms and shove him away.
"I'm Tristan." I say politely. The last thing I'm going to do is be awful to her friend and put a wedge between us. I don't think so.
Not now. Not ever.
---------------------------
Okay. I'm gonna say it. I loved writing this chapter. Please. Please. PLEASE let me know what you think.
Comment. Vote. Read.
Love
Rach❤️