School secrets

Melody's POV.

"Come on Mel!!" Cherry whispers, throwing shirt after shirt at me. "We need to pack!!"

"Ch-cherry, I can't." I whispered. My voice hoarse with tears that haven't fallen.

Skye seems to notice this and puts an arm around me.

"I know it's hard mellie, but we gotta do this. It's what we've been trained to do our entire lives!! Joey... Well. I know how close you were, but I also know it's hard to keep friendships outside of our lifestyle" she sighs, her own eyes misting "believe me, I know."

"What do you mean?" I wonder.

"Tell you what? You pack and I'll tell you on the plane."

I nod my head.

The plane. England.

Home.

We just left that night a few days ago, planned to disappear. We aren't safe here anymore. We have to leave pat and Julie, who were the best fake parents ever.

I have to leave Joey.

You can do it Mel, I think, you survived without him for a few years. You can do it again... Right?

No?

Crap.

'At least you left the letter...' The small voice in my head whispers. The letter...

An hour later, we are packed and at the airport, desperately watching the mobiles, to be sure we aren't being followed.

Soon, we head on to our plane, the one that will take us directly to the ASA headquarters in London.

I choose the window seat, hoping for a little privacy, as i take out a copy of the letter I gave to Joey.

As my eyes skim over the words on the tear soaked page, I slowly break down and sob. Falling apart on a plane back home. With Cherry's arm around me and clasping Skye's hand.

We are one now.

Real sisters. Almost.

Best friends?

Definitely.

---------------------------

Hi!!!

400!! 400??

Thank you so much each and every one of u!!! I love u all to bits and pieces!!!!!

Next chapter we read the letter don't worry!

(And deacon?? Don't worry, no more major plot twists...... Yet!! 😝)

Love u all

Rach❤️