5: Sweet, but a pyscho

My parents when they were together, a force against me

My parents when they were together, a force against me. They always pointed out how impulsive, irresponsible and shameless I was. I worked on myself but then I saw how impulsive, irresponsible and shameless they are so I stopped. It runs in the genes. I've never been one to keep my mouth shut for long. I was cursing myself for being so candid with him because we are still strangers with discernible attraction. I was far from some shy reticent girl and usually speak without a filter.

He looked so on edge. I bit my tongue and looked outside. The air of awkwardness in this car was becoming excruciating. I couldn't take this anymore.

"Stop the car."
I said without glancing his way. I need to get out of this car even if I have to walk home alone in my five inches Dolce and Gabbana heels.

"This car will only stop when we get home."
I hated the way he said it in such a patronising manner. He's not my father nor has any right to talk to me like that. I can't be controlled, many have tried and failed. I'm my own master.

I pulled the straps off my heels. I don't want to lose them in the aftermath off what I'm going to attempt. Alastair sneaked a look at me but didn't seem much bothered.

After this, he'll surely be bothered.

The car was moving at a slow speed because there was some traffic. The road was quite narrow and between the fields of some crop. Without further ado, I opened the door which was luckily unlocked and jumped out.

A series of events happened concurrently. I fell rather awkwardly in the bushes with my sides burning obviously bruised by now, then the car came to a halt and Alastair started shouting my name like bloody murder.

"ADELYN. Are you fucking crazy? What the actual fuck just happened? One minute you were in the car and the next you were out in the air. Can you even walk? What is wrong with you?"
Alastair was half in shock and partially in panic mode. He looked cute though and I bit my lip as I saw how he kept touching me to make sure I was alright. I was hurt by my stupid stunt but it was perfectly timed and so worth it. I was in pain but not so much that I couldn't walk but he doesn't need to know that.

"I cannot. My legs hurt so much. I told you to stop the car. Next time remember this before saying no to me."
The warning stood in every situation. He is a stubborn man but I'm no less. I love playing games and the game of manipulation is my favourite.

He sighed heavily and then lifted me with an arm under my back and one under my legs. I feel he knows what a headache I am going to be for him. I'm a fever and I am never getting down. He bounced me in his arms to lift me higher up his body which pushed my face closer to his. I looped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his broad shoulder.

"Shit. You are bleeding. I can't believe what you just did. You are so fucking unpredictable. It is insanity. You are ridiculous."
He looked down at me at the same time I locked my eyes with his. He was talking too much. I lifted my face a little and softly pecked him on the lips. I don't think I even touched his mouth.