15: Drama and Distraction

I had no time for school drama anymore, my home life was enough

I had no time for school drama anymore, my home life was enough. I felt like the universe was conspiring against me and I know it sounds very dramatic but it is true. I woke up today with so much determination to not let that stupid man have any control over my thoughts and my body but as soon as he entered the room looking utterly edible in a plain blue t-shirt and trousers I couldn't help but swoon.

I consider myself a strong woman. I have bought men older than him on their knees and I'm going to make him realize what he's missing out. I'm irrational, young, crazy and ready to cross all limits to move on because I've been spontaneous like that all my life. I asked him directly last night if he wanted me and he had the audacity to reject me. So nothing is stopping me to be a free woman again as if anyone could cage me in.

"Are you even listening to me? Come back from La La land."
Gina was being her usual self, talking nonstop about something I completely missed out. I gave her an apologetic look and told her about my lack of sleep last night.

"Aww. You! Poor baby. Don't worry you can sleep in the History class today. I have eye de-puffers in my bag. You need them today more than me."

Emeric was standing near my locker surrounded by Hannah and Ashley while Gina was digging inside her bag to find me some eye de-puffs. They were talking about some house party that happened on Saturday. I was invited but I didn't bother going and now I regret not going.

Emeric is hot, I will give that. He is tall and lean. His jaw tightened every time I spoke rudely to him which was kind of sexy. Today I was in a rebellious mood and I really don't care about anything today. The man I wanted doesn't want which rarely happens but here is the guy who wants me and isn't afraid to show it too. I have not lost my charm. Not yet.

I gave him a friendly smile as I reached my locker because his nonsense could distract me today. The smile on Hannah's face faded and her expression made her look like she just ate something nasty. Well, I have that effect on some girls.

After I became the captain, both of them have made their goal to ignore my presence which is fine with me as long as they don't cause trouble during practice. I think both of them are smart enough to know that if there is tension in the team it may cost us the inter-state cheerleading competition.

"Her clothes look from a flea market. Don't you think? Cheapness literally drips from her body."
Hannah's annoying voice reached my ears even if I didn't want to. I guess I spoke too soon. One of them is not smart enough. I usually ignore such comments because I don't feel like she even deserves a reaction from me but not today. Today I'm not in a mood to take shit from anyone.

I calmly closed my locker and turned to face her head-on and chest out (not literally). I'm angry for different reasons but she provoked me on my worst day so she'll have it the same way.

"Since you know so much about flea market you must be a regular customer there I guess. And you know what it doesn't even matter where I buy my clothes from because it's none of your fucking business. If I'm cheap then what are they calling people who fuck behind their friends back with their boyfriend? Don't look so shocked I saw you with Reese. So cry me a fucking river and drown in it bitch. Don't fuck with me."
Three shocked faces stared at me and then I looked around to find almost everyone in the hallway staring at me.