7: Sweet and Spice

Removing my jacket, I let the doctor examine my wounds

Removing my jacket, I let the doctor examine my wounds. I told her I fell down the stairs. I don't know if she believed me or not but she was clearly not interested in the backstory either. After a thorough check-up, she gave me some medicine and ointments and told me that I was physically fine.

Emotionally? It is still up for debate.

I found Alastair and that pretty nurse in a deep discussion which annoyed me so much. So I left the hospital, hailed a cab and made my merry way to the school. As I reached my lockers my phone started ringing. I pulled out my phone without looking at the caller ID because I know who it was. I gave him a special ringtone. Wild Thoughts.

"What the actual fuck Adelyn? Where are you? I am searching for the goddamn hospital here like a lunatic looking for you. Where in the hell are you?"
He was an overdramatic bitch. I'm not his five-year-old daughter. The man has a temper but now he has met his match.

"I'm having sex right now with one of those cute male nurses. This is not a good time. Do you want to hear me orgasm or what?"
He hung up on me so fast it was almost hilarious. I laughed evilly. He is so easy to mess with and I love that. I'm sure I'm going to hear another lecture from him today. He's going shout the house down going by his love for theatrics and drama.

#

"Gina. Is she the one who you were talking about? "
Hannah Parker was aggravating and a total bitch. I don't normally judge people so quickly but she left me no choice. I don't know why people feel so insecure in their skin that they start treating everyone around them like they are worth the dirt on their shoes.

Gina and I had a free lecture together so she convinced me to come here and talk to the current cheerleading captain about my interest in joining the squad. I was the captain in my school and I'm not going to settle down for anything less even though I've lost motivation on being a cheerleader.

"Yes. Hannah and Ashley meet Adelyn Stark."

I'm not giving out free hugs to them or handshakes even. I stood my ground and steeled my spine. I've been against such people before who felt threatened because of me. I'm not gloating it is simply the truth. I prefer honest over pretend any day. Ashley was accessing me from afar. She didn't come out as rude or obnoxious but she was not very welcoming too. Hannah, on the other hand, was another story. Her face was twisted in disgust and I had the sudden urge to slap her.

"I would like to join the squad. Gina said to contact you guys for further proceedings."
The rest of the cheerleaders were now walking towards our small group. The gym teacher walked out of the staff room holding a paper in her hand which she attached to the notice board.

Everyone at once moved to the notice board in record speed. They still read notice boards here? I followed them and with my tall stature, I could easily look over the other girl's heads.