30. Burn The House Down

I was expecting this

I was expecting this. I wanted this to happen. I wanted him to feel the same rage I felt when I saw the smug look on Felicity's face after proved it to me that I'm nothing to him.

I stumbled a little in my heels. I saw people leaving giving me side looks and I'm surely giving them a whole month worth gossip. I don't want people to know about my personal business so it's better if they all leave soon.

He kept staring at me and if I was a vampire I could hear his blood boiling because he looked damn intense. His jaw was clenched, his grey eyes held back a storm and his arms were bulging out as he closed his palms into fists. His black shirt was unbuttoned and I could see the heavy rise of his chest. The man was charged up.

"Get inside the fucking house. NOW!"
My temper flares at the tone he is using with me. If I wanted to be patronized I would still be living with my father.

If Alastair expects me to follow him back inside the house like a lost puppy, he has another thing coming his way. I gave him a hard glare and then flipped my middle finger to salute his actions.

"Fuck you."

I started to walk away, towards the beach. I couldn't hear him following me but still, I kept striding towards the water with purpose. I stopped for a second to get my stilettos off my feet to feel the water. I sensed him standing just behind me. His breath crashing against my neck. I resumed walking but he gripped my waist to stop me. Flipping me around, he moved me closer into him, his eyes telling me I wasn't going anywhere until he damn well let me. His lips hovered over mine as he panted into my mouth. But he withheld. He captured my jaw with force forcing my eyes to clash with his.

"If you hadn't noticed before, I'm this close" he gestured between the negligible distance between us "to losing my mind. So you better get inside the house or I will carry you back whether you want to or not."

"You can try. I will scratch your face until I have blood in my hands. And if you managed to still get me inside the house, I will set fire to it. You cannot do anything unless I want you to do it to me. Get that inside your thick brain. It might take a while to keep this little information in your mind since it is already full of so many secrets."

I pushed him away but he didn't let me. So I continue to push at his chest until he finally loosened his grip on my waist. I stumbled back a few steps and on reflex Alastair reached for me but I stopped him from touching me.

"I'm sorry. Let me get this straight. I come home early to surprise you since dad and your mom is out of town for some last-minute trip but I find you wrapped around that boy like he was your second skin. Tell me if I hadn't come home, what were you planning to do with him. Kiss him? If you hadn't already and I missed the show or better, you planned on fucking him later in my room to goad me? Tell me Adelyn. Why on the world are you angry with me when I'm the one who just caught you in the act?"

"You piece of shit. If I had planned on fucking Emeric, nothing would have stopped me. I would have fucked him in your room while you watched. Then I would have called Nate and told him to join us too. My ex, the guy who definitely wants to fuck me and the man who doesn't know what to do with our questionable relationship anymore, all in the same room. Now, that's a party."