34. Happily Never After

A few hours after my mother left me stunned and shocked to my very core, I tried to make sense of all the nonsense she spewed at me

A few hours after my mother left me stunned and shocked to my very core, I tried to make sense of all the nonsense she spewed at me. I realized she knew so much about what was going on in my life and it couldn't be possible unless she was stalking me. It is not like my mother to get her hands dirty. She must have hired someone to do the job for her. Who could go to such lengths to destroy my family?

My phone interrupted my train of thoughts and I saw Alastair's name on the screen. He must be going out of his mind.

"Hello, what's going on?"

"I might kill him today. He knows everything and I don't understand how. I was so careful. I cannot believe this guy. I'm done with him. He didn't even call me to the office. Kate must have misheard him. He was furious. He's telling me he will cut me out of his will and freeze my inheritance as if I need his money to survive. My mother told me numerous times to stay away from his company because there is nothing in this world he worships more than that. Not even his family and like a fool I chose not to listen to her. I'm done. I'm quitting and getting on the next plane to New York."

"Okay, calm down. Listen to me very carefully. My mother knew everything about us from the very beginning."

"What? How is that possible? She would have killed me today if she knew."

"Alastair, she knows. My mother is planning on going all psycho on my father at his wedding. She threatened me that she will tell your father about us if I didn't ruin his wedding. Also, she will go to the media and feed them lies that how you took advantage of me. You cannot afford to be labelled a sex offender right when you are about to pave your own path. I don't know what to do."

"Let me get this straight. Your mother knows everything and instead of being concerned she is using this information to blackmail you into ruining your father's wedding while using me as a pawn in her sick game."

"Exactly"

"You are crazy. Your family is crazy. How the fuck did she know about us?"

I didn't like his tone. It almost sounds accusing.

"You think I told her, you fucking asshole. After everything we've through you still have doubts about me."

"I'm not saying that. It's just that how come she knows everything about us. Our relationship and my job in New York. I only told you that. My dad found out today and he wouldn't take the name of the person who told him. How is that possible?"

"So you think I have blabbered all our secrets to the mother who by the way is making me do something I don't want to do. Right now, I hate my mother more than my father and that's saying something. I cannot believe this. I guess that "I love you" means nothing if you cannot fucking trust me. You know what, maybe, your dad knows you better than you because you haven't done anything worthwhile to earn any position. You are nothing if not a spoiled fucking brat who has the nerve to call me one too even though I'm not the one working under my father for the sake of experience. I wonder why you didn't listen to your mother, the only parent who loved you? Maybe there is still a part in you who wants to suck up to daddy dearest. If you knew his intentions from the beginning and don't pretend that you didn't know that he was never planning of leaving you in charge, you would have been in New York a year ago. Experience, my ass. "