19: nExt confronts Ex

I woke up the next morning with dark circles under my eyes, the visible proof of the dark deep thoughts that kept me up last night. I wished I had slept in Alastair's room and fucked him because I don't think I care about anything anymore. My life is a mess. Why not just get what I want and make more of a mess?

Yesterday was hell for me. I knew what was coming my way. I was prepared for it. The collision was about to take place.

I checked my phone and see a message from Gina asking me if I'm free to hang out tonight. I freeze as I saw him sitting in front of me in my house.

"What the fuck is he doing here?"
Sitting on one of the chairs was none other than Nathan Fox. The man who made me insane and not in a good way. The psycho in me comes from spending two years with this man.

"Adelyn, language. You will not speak like that under my roof."
She looked as if last night's conversation never happened. I warned her about them and the next thing in the morning she invites one in our house and provides them with breakfast which he devoured like an animal.

"It's okay Kate. I can handle her foul mouth and bad attitude."
The man was still handsome and that smirk he gave me was to let me know how exactly he knows to handle my mouth.

Son of a bitch.

"Why is he here? I don't think you have any business with him, right? You know that Grayson and Alastair will not allow this."

Shit.

Alastair doesn't know anything about Nathan, hell even my mom doesn't know anything about the history we shared. If he finds out, he is going to be pissed.

Suddenly, I was seeing this situation through a completely different revenge lens. Alastair was the one who brought past relationships into our messed up one and I will be the one to end it.

Is it wrong if I use my ex to make my supposed stepbrother jealous?

Something is seriously wrong with me.

"Adelyn behave yourself. We don't talk to guests like that. Nathan is kind enough to help me with my legal problems on behalf of his father who urgently had to fly to New York for an important conference. So don't be rude because Fox's are going out of their way to help us."

If I was a cartoon you could easily find my jaw hitting the floor. I never in my life heard my mother say so many sugary words in a single breath. Either she is high or practicing every night on her speech to keep Fox's on her team.

"I wonder why"

I say under my breath but Nathan caught me. Should I inform my father about this? I think I can be very subtle about it.