9: Goodmorning Brother

After dwelling in the unnecessary saturnine situation with Alastair, I decided I don't need so much stress in my life right now. My full focus went to giving a jaw-dropping performance in the auditions. I have almost all the girls in the squad added on all my social accounts and I have spent some time genuinely talking to them. Most of them are polite and really nice and so not the stereotype the people put them under.

I have changed into my comfortable cut-off denim shorts and my sports bra. Since my mother was caught up in a meeting as usual and my stepfather was out of the house before I even woke up and was yet to come home. I don't know what he does all day, except bully Alastair. I know the old man means good but sometimes something good in your eyes can also turn out to be poison for someone else.

I grabbed my iPhone and moved down to the hall. The only breakable thing on the floor was the glass table which I easily shifted to the farthest corner. I attached my phone to the speakers and selected the playlist of all the songs that I thought I could give a good performance on.

'Hey, ma' filled the room. I twisted around, did some flips and tried some new positions to show my best cheer abilities. I am confident in my performance that I will get selected. As I turned around for my final step I saw him casually leaning against the wall. His eyes were smoldering hot and they were focused on me. I sauntered over to my phone to stop the music.

"Why did you stop? You were doing great. I didn't know you are a cheerleader."
He winked at me and walked past me towards the kitchen. He did something which not only embarrassed me but made me feel insignificant as well. He, bloody, ruffled my hair as if I was his five-year-old kid sister. Fist clenched, I walked over to him, roughly turned him around and punched his shoulder to push him back.

"Fuck you. You can't just walk in here and treat me like I am some kid, asshole. Don't you ever belittle me like that, okay? I know what type of 'hot and cold' game you are playing with me but let me tell you one thing, I never lose."
I was surely resembling a red hot tomato because no one can get on my nerves like him. He just sat on the kitchen stool swirling around the remains of water left in the glass on the counterpoint while eyeing me as if I was amusing him.

"I'm tired. Go to your room Adelyn and for god sake wear some clothes. I can see your breasts falling out of them. "
With a wave of a hand as if he was swatting a fly in front of him, he dismissed me. My blood boiled at his insulting words but I kept this rage inside me.

I'm going to make his life a living hell.

I gracefully walked back to my room and tried some more moves before calling it a night. All night I twisted and turned my body to get a comfortable position but to no avail. I jumped out of the bed and walked down to the kitchen to make some milk for myself. As I finished my drink, I heard noises coming from the front door or say voices of two people one very familiar while the other not so much.