29: Beach House

I accept that I'm temperamental, impulsive, and fucking psychotic when crossed but that is who I am, and trust me I will never cut my wings just because someone I care about doesn't like me flying

Everything was coming back to me. The way Alastair talked to me and how condescending her ex-girlfriend was. The things she revealed shook me and it made me rethink my trust in Alastair. I asked him so many times and he never told me. It's very clear to me that I am just a distraction for him. I'm not some fucking minor and I will graduate in two months then I will be miles away from this city and my deranged family too. I just need a day from my thoughts.

The house was empty as expected because there is rarely a day my mother and Grayson are home just like she was with my father. The only difference is that they rarely fight. I could always throw a party and don't know why I haven't already. This house has enough Alcohol to last for months so all I need is some cups to serve. I call Gina to invite and ask in for a favor. She answered immediately.

"Oh my God. You are alive? I had my doubts. Quick gossip: Emeric was asking about you bitch. He wants you so bad."

That's Gina. The girl with no care in the world.

"I'm throwing a beach slash house party. Invite anyone and everyone specially Emeric. Also, do you happen to know any local DJs who can work the music for us?"

I felt petty inviting Emeric but I was still angry at him. I think seeing me with some guys my age will bring back some sense into his mind that I can get a man if I want to. I'm not stuck on him.

"YES, I know a guy. This weekend just got a hundred times better. Send me the address. I'm on it."

I was really out of a lot of things that are needed to throw a damn good party.

"Can you arrange for some cups for the alcohol and anything that might be needed. I really don't know anyone who can arrange all that. I'll pay you back."

She was more than happy to co-host the party and told me to not worry about a thing. I hang up on her and quickly send her the address trusting her enough to know that soon this empty house will be brimming with people.

I go upstairs and take a quick shower and decide to dye my hair brown for a change because I have a lot of time in my hands. I apply the hair color and put a face mask on. I wash my hair until the water becomes clear and blow-dry it. The brown hair looks good on me.

I wear a short black dress over my silver bikini. I'm just finishing my makeup when I hear the doorbell. I run down the stairs and open the door to find Gina holding all kinds of stuff in her hands. There are few people arranging lights outside. The fairy lights are glowing the path down to the beach and it just looked breathtaking when the sun is setting just behind it.

"Wow. You look amazing Gina."

Gina was wearing a sheer red body-con dress that complimented well with her blond curls.