27: Wedding & the York

"Your father is getting married

"Your father is getting married. That son of a bitch!"

My mother dropped that bomb on me as I took my first sip of coffee that came right out. I quickly grabbed some tissues and wiped my mouth and the table.

"Geez, mom give a girl some warning before going all out with it."
The level of drama my somewhat family has each day is incredibly ridiculous. I could start my own Kardashian and Jenner series.

"You have to stop the wedding. My plan is going to fail miserably if that woman married your father."

My mother forked the salad as if was my father's unfortunate fiancé's eyes.

"Mom, what the hell is wrong with you? Are you still trying to ruin your ex-husband and his company? I thought it was just a phase. You cannot be serious about this."

How has my life gone from the amazing mind-numbing sex to this miserable family drama so fast?

"Adelyn, you don't understand, do you? That man took everything from me and now when I'm this close to getting what I want he ruined it for me again. I won't let that happen. Fool me once, twice but the third time I am burying him in the ground alive."

I looked at my mother for the longest time to grasp the seriousness of the situation.

"We are going to that wedding even if we are not invited which we will be not because when have your father given a damn thought about me."
I just kept on staring at my mother and then I saw it. Under the angry façade, hidden was a broken-hearted woman. A wave of compassion drives through me and I hold my mother's hand on my own.

"Mom, you don't have to this. You are better than this. You have Grayson now. You don't have to concern yourself with him anymore."
My words went into dead ears because that angry wall fell back in front of her eyes and I gave out a sigh. I cannot help this woman from self-destructing if she doesn't want to help herself.

"You don't understand. Anyways I have an important meeting with a friend. You can take the car."
I reluctantly pushed out of my seat and kissed my mother's cheek before walking out of the cafe with her car keys.

After the stressful day, I had today, I just want to lay in bed all day and do nothing. I guess I deserve a day off from school.

I drove all the way back to the house only to find two cars standing in the parking. Alastair car was parked there with a red Honda and something about it seemed familiar.

I quickly parked the car a little away from the house and locked it. My heels were clicking against the gravels and I was wobbling my way through the path but I got there.

I pushed the front door open and I grabbed my heels in one hand. I don't want to alert the people inside the house that I'm here.

"You have to stop doing this."
Alastair was like an explosion in the silent house and I followed his voice only to find him holding that Lily or Felicity chick. His hands were resting on her bare shoulders. Her bandeau top and yoga pants were accentuating every part of her body.