28: Confrontations Gone Wild

The woman in question was singing a tune when she came to an abrupt stop as she saw me sitting in her office

The woman in question was singing a tune when she came to an abrupt stop as she saw me sitting in her office. My legs were up on her desk and I was flicking through files of the patients just to pass time. Kudos to doctors but I hope they all are not as bad as her in person.

She dropped her coat to the ground and quickly picked it up as she registered that I'm not just a vision of her imagination. She eyed me suspiciously and it took her more than two minutes to retrieve her phone from the purse. I knew who she was calling. I don't want him to know about this little meeting.

"Oh. I'm here for a check-up. Do you talk about all your patients to Alastair? Or just everything in general."
I uncrossed my legs and pushed back from the chair to make my way to her. I snatched the phone out of her hands as I checked her call log filled with only one name. I pushed the phone back into my jeans back pocket and smiled sweetly at her which quickly turned into a frown.

"You and me. We need to talk."
I wanted to spend every minute Alastair and I have with each other but some things need to be done. Yesterday, he told me he was going to New York but I didn't get a chance to tell him about my father's wedding. He distracted me enough that I forgot about the little scene I walked into.

"Felicity, I'm going to ask you a simple question. Tell me what you two were talking about yesterday? Don't leave any detail behind."
Felicity seemed to gain back the color she lost when she saw me. I tend to act murderously around her, she should be scared.

"Why? Your boyfriend/ stepbrother doesn't confide in you or what. Maybe he finally realized that you are after all a kid. By the way, fucking your own stepbrother, girls like you just want what you can't have or is it something deeper. Daddy issues?"
The smug smile she gave me made my blood boil. I clenched my fists, resisting the temptation to punch her face until I couldn't feel my hand anymore.

"Listen, you fucking bitch. I know what you are trying to do. I saw your call logs. You are so desperate for some action that you will go after a man who is in a relationship. Well, that speaks a lot about you too if we are here judging each other's characters"

My hands itched to hold her neck and squeeze the life out of her. After this, I might have to see a psychiatrist. The bitch has finally managed to drive me nuts.

"You want to know what he's been hiding from you for so long. Why did we use to meet each other behind your back? Because we share a connection so deep you will never understand. He will always come back to me. I left him for a reason and I regret it every day. I'm moving to New York for him. We are going to have our future there and no high school girl will stop me from doing so."
This woman dares to smile at my face talking about the future with my boyfriend which right now seemed so uncertain with me. I might burst a vein or two if I resist myself any further.

"Oh please don't hold back. You don't have to build up the suspense. Spit it out. Tell me what is this deep connection you two share?"
I taunted her knowing full well she got nothing I need to be worried about. All lies and desperate measures to get Alastair's attention.

"Tell me, does your mother know about your so-called relationship with Alastair? I should pay Grayson and her a visit. They will be thrilled."
Her smirk told me she thinks she has an upper hand in this situation but I'm not some dumb chick who doesn't know what I'm getting myself into.

"You can try. I've learned how to manipulate people from my mother and how to cover up my tracks from my father. I know you won't do anything because the only one who will get affected by this revelation of truth will be Alastair and you don't want to hurt him, right? I guess this was a waste of time since all you have done till now is avoid my question which only means there is nothing to tell in the first place. Nice meeting you, Felicity. I hope I never see you again because I don't know what I'll do to you. No promises."
I grabbed my bag and pulled out her phone from my back pocket and threw it on the table.

"Stop calling him. You don't know what lengths I can go to ensure that you never see his face again. I'm not another high school girl. Keep that in mind. I have money and I have connections. Don't make me use it."
I looked at her directly in the eyes conveying my message if it was not clear enough from my words.

"We were pregnant."
My heart stopped at her words. Out of all the things, this was not what I ever expected her to say.

"The fuck did you just say."
I finally found my voice and turned around to stare at her in stunned shock.

"It was a long time ago when we were in high school but it still feels like it was yesterday. I had a miscarriage. That was one of the reasons why I left him in the first place. We both had our issues. We both went through the same pain and that is why you can never take my place in his heart. Because when that pain comes crawling back to him, and it does trust me, he will come back to me."
I felt sympathy for her but it vanished the moment her intentions became clear. She wants to use this to be a part of his life. He could never move on from such a thing if she keeps on reminding him of the suffering.

"I can tell from your face that you didn't have a clue about this. Well, I think that speaks volumes to me. You are just a warm body in his bed. You are temporary and easily replaceable. You are the scu--"
I punched her right in the face and I have no regrets about it. My hand hurts like hell but it was worth every bruised knuckle.

"Bitch. You broke my nose. I'll fucking sue you. FUCKK"
She screamed in pain clutching her nose.

"Try me. I'll see you in court then."
I left her office with my mind all kinds of messy. I trusted that man with everything and he hid all this from me.

Alastair Stone you have only seen my angel side. Now, I'll show you that the devil resides in me too.

 Now, I'll show you that the devil resides in me too

Damn, so much drama. VOTE AND COMMENT.

Thank you for 1 million reads. I love you guys.

Also, what if I gave this book a sequel. Do you guys even want one? COMMENT and let me know your thoughts.

Edit: this book is getting a sequel.