6: A bit of a (Mis)understanding

I was better after sleeping like a log till evening

I was better after sleeping like a log till evening. The pain in my body was now bearable and almost gone. I will probably swing by the doctor's tomorrow for a quick check-up. I heard some voices and tried to focus on them but they were not understandable. The sound of footsteps proceeded towards my room and I quickly covered my body up to neck with my duvet pretending to be asleep.

The door to my room opened and moments later I felt my bed dip a little. I felt him brushing his fingers over my cheeks. What he did next was something I was not prepared for. The tender kiss he placed on my forehead had me hyperventilating. His lips soft and lush were completely electrical on my skin.

"I know you are awake. You can stop pretending. Are you wearing my shirt? "
I cracked a smile and opened my eyes whispering a small yes confirming his suspicion. His face was right above mine, so close that I could grab him by his neck and kiss the fuck out of him.

"How are feeling? You slept like a baby for hours. We are going to the doctor's clinic tomorrow or would you like to go right now. I don't know how I'm going to explain to him about your current injured state. "
His hands were unconsciously rubbing my arms and I liked that feeling of warmth. The pain was almost gone. The painkillers worked well.

"I'm fine right now but we can go to the doctor's tomorrow morning before school."
If something was wrong then I wouldn't attend school and stay at home or with Alastair instead.

I studied his face and he looked really tired and grumpy. I sat up and bumped my fist against his shoulder to bring his attention back to me from where it has wandered.

"What is going on with you? You look stressed. Are you still thinking about the kiss?"
His eyes widened with horror when I said that it was hilarious. He looked so adorable that I couldn't help myself before a few giggles came out before I could stop them.

"It is not about that. I just feel like I'm ready to run the company now. I don't want to lead the company next year. I want to do it now. I have worked my ass off and have experience in every little thing that was required. I have worked with the employees of the company. I know how this management runs but my father is not ready to give up his other baby now or later. I just don't know what to do anymore."

Alastair is so hardworking and ambitious. The man deserves to have everything he ever wished for. This is truly something he feels passionate about. The pain in his eyes is so strong that I just had to distract him from it. I rubbed his hair out of his face combing it back through my fingers. His hair is so thick and soft; the texture feels amazing.

"I think you should do what you feel like. Talk to your dad about this if you think he'll understand your point of view. Maybe he needs to know that it is inevitable that you are going to lead that company and you are going to do it your way. If your dad thinks you are smart enough to run that company, then you are smart enough to question his decisions too. Don't let anyone make you believe otherwise. Meanwhile, I can be your entertainment and distract you with my stunts and help you relieve some stress."
I said with a smile which brought a grin back on his face. He stares at me softly still holding that smile which makes him look so much younger.