10: D-Hawk for the win

I  always thought that movies exaggerate what actually happens in high schools but that's not the case in this school

I  always thought that movies exaggerate what actually happens in high schools but that's not the case in this school. People here are such gossip mongers that I feel like I can get a text ending with XO XO Gossip girl anytime. Alastair gave me the keys to my car this morning and made me promise him to not crash it as if I don't know how to handle a car. I thought of being a brat about this and skewering the car over the bridge or something but I don't want to deal with his lectures again and also I don't want to die young.

The moment I entered the school all the girls from my soon to be cheer-leading squad swarmed me with their nervous conversations and excitement about today's audition. Honestly, I didn't expect the auditorium to be full of people who were howling away. I thought this was going to be a small event comprising of all the participants and respected teachers.

But here I am almost ready to perform in front of all these people who are least bothered about the event and more than happy to miss classes just to see some girls dancing. I saw Gina waving at me from afar, stumbling forward from the push she received from the crowd and then turning back to push the same person back. She is a feisty little human. I really like her.

"All the best. I know you will smash it. I'm going to cheer for you. "
I smile at her and reassure her that I'm here to win only. I just need to focus on giving my best routine ever. The one that will make everyone's jaws drop.

"Well, what a crowd we have here. I think no one has any classes today. Am I right?"
The gym teacher gives all the students a sweet smile so they all know that they are not in trouble. She takes up a list and clears her throat before calling out the names of girls who are going to audition for the captain. There are at least 14 girls who I have to compete with today including Hannah and Ashley. It didn't happen like that in my school but I guess every school has its own rules.

One by one each girl performed their routines as their names were being called up by the teacher. The crowd cheered and applauded after every performance. The jocks at the back were a little unruly but they were not out of the line. They were not insulting anyone and that's all coordination we could get from them.

The guys went crazy when Ashley performed like a star. She was really good and I had to appreciate her. She was not at all basic and her routine was outstanding. It was full of never seen before moves and flips but cheering is more than that. Anyway, she was rocking the stage like nobody's business. I smiled and applauded when her performance came to an end. She smiled back at me and cocked her brows as if saying "Match that" in good sport. What she doesn't know is that I'm going to fucking own the stage like a queen.

I took my position at the center and since I've chosen the latest song it lifted the mood. I flattened out of my legs and started with bouncing on my ass twice at the double beats. The beats were fast and did my cartwheels and landed myself back with a spiral twist. Moving along with the lyrics I did some dance moves which earned some loud cheers. I did multiple flips at the end and then ended the performance with a Normani-style split. I nailed it because I can feel that energy in my bones. Everyone was cheering at me and I raised both my hands to thank them for their support. It feels good to get appreciated.