21. Blow-n Away

This chap is sorta dirty( well that's why you are here

This chap is sorta dirty( well that's why you are here. Continue.)

You know the feeling when something is going to go wrong and you can feel it from miles. When I got back from school I stood outside the house and kept staring at the door. My heart was beating furiously and my palms turned sweaty. I swiped them down my shorts and opened the unlocked door.

"Hello?!"
I called out and moved further into the living room and stopped in tracks when I saw a man in a suit looking at our family pictures perfectly placed on the shelf over the fireplace.

"What a beautiful family? Mother, father, son and a daughter. All smiling like nothing is wrong with them. Amazing picture."

"D-Dad"

The man I call my father turned around and I took in his handsome face. The silver hair and those green eyes looked sharp and focused. I was stunned to see him standing in our house. He barely called me since we moved here and now all of a sudden he's here to talk or maybe it is something else.

I hardened my gaze and remembered why my mother and I left him. I remember the fights and constant insults thrown at my mother. How he neglected me as if I didn't even exist?

"What the fuck are you doing here?"
I spit out the words with as much venom as possible.

"I see you learned a lot from your mother. I'm not here to check your fucking language but I do want to know what is your mother trying to do. If she thinks I don't know that she's been visiting Fox she's dead wrong. I may have cut her loose but I have my eyes on everyone. I know you are also involved in whatever plan your mother is cooking in her head."

"I'm dating Nathan Fox."
I don't know why I just blurted that out. Maybe the sure statement that I would do something to harm him made me do it. I don't get nervous but this man has always made me anxious and out of control.

What if he knows about Alastair and me? We are not at that stage to get discovered by our parents. Our relationship or whatever it is, is already hanging on a thread.

"Adelyn Deana Stark, you better be fucking kidding with me right now?"
My dad shouted at me with such a force I felt my bones shaking.

"If you don't know already that man is too old for you and a bastard who is one step away from turning into a lunatic and you are telling me you are dating him? I don't allow this. Don't you know that his family is looking out for every chance to destroy me."
At his words, my body turned to stone. He no longer controls me and I don't need his approval for anything. Even though Nathan and I are not dating I'm not going to let him walk all over me.

"Excuse me! What did you just say? I thought I heard you ordering me to not do something. Oh, dad, there is only one thing I learned from you and that is to do that very thing when everyone tells you not to."