Chapter 09 | The Alliance

09 | The Alliance

—Ten hours ago—

Your first meeting with the cousins from Kim family may be quite brief. But there was something that made the first encounter with the gentlemen to be one of those moments in your life that wouldn't fade easily from your memories.

You have always had this pride of being able to read a person's character since the first time you come face to face with them. Yet during the one hour you joined their meeting which happened as you came to visit your husband's office today, you had difficulties with applying your ability to them. It was hard to read them, to be able to see what their true intentions are as they spoke politely to your husband.

But that was also when you could feel something alarming from deep inside that was telling you how these 'respectable' men might be nothing but trouble.

"Come on, Yoongi. Think about it," you heard Namjoon spoke earlier that day, after having long arguments about some business plan that they had come to offer. He was still in his seat, with his eyes completely focused on Yoongi, who was sitting next to you with one of his hands placed over your knee.

"This is the perfect opportunity. With your father focussing more on MYG & Sons Corporation's foreign affairs, we can help with branching out MYG Holdings' part through the joint deal. We've done this together once, and you know what we are capable of."

Yoongi tilted his head with a sigh escaping his lips. The feeling of his palm as he brushed the skin right under the hem of your skirt was calming, although you knew that he only did so to calm himself down instead of you. It was clear that he was reluctant in agreeing to their proposal. But you can sense how he was wary about causing trouble with the Kims.

"My father already has a lot on his plate, and I'll be expanding this part of the company through my wife. Your proposal sounds appealing, Namjoon. But—"