Chapter 41 | Bring to Light

41 | Bring to Light

Jimin gave you a chance to clean up first after breakfast was done. There is no possible explanation as to why you are following his words so willingly instead of trying to get away. Perhaps steal a chance to hurt him in the process as a revenge for drugging you before you slip out of his grip and find help.

But aside to the drug, Jimin had made no other move of hurting you or even getting close enough to do you harm ever since you came to wake. Giving you no reason to feel threatened or having the need to fight him off. And then there is also your curiosity which derails all reasons. It is the part which had ended up placing you in the passenger's seat next to Jimin in the black sedan which he used the previous night, only less than an hour after your fruitless conversation.

Despite the answers he had given to your questions, most of them were too vague for you to understand. All you know is that whoever wanted you to be sent here wishes you no harm, yet is still capable of showing you that you are powerless under their control.

You have your eyes looking out the window during the silent drive, noticing how he is taking you further up the hills instead of heading downtown.

The road is one you had driven through many times in the past. And just like your old cottage and the private estate that is no longer yours, the scenery you see outside is still pretty much the same as you remember them. The massive trees you pass by, the greeneries and the brick houses which belonged to your neighbours. Past the fountain and the plaza which were usually filled with the locals after Sunday's church, and you can see from far away one of the towers from the old church, standing tall at the end of the road leading towards the woods.

You reminisce those peaceful days of your life when all you had to worry about were arranging schedules and trips for collecting, researching and having in-depth studies over plantations, finding high-quality seedlings, managing soils and crops, and running your daily routines of handling breweries, wine samplings and marketing plans. Even all the mundane things you had then now seems too sweet and far away in the distant past as you remember them; how you loved to ride your bicycle to the center of the town in the morning, shopping fresh goods at the local farmers' market before stopping by at Lady Lim's bakery to buy some of her delicious pastries.