Chapter 25 | Folding

25 | Folding

Yoongi is sitting at the end of his bed—the hard and petrified bed which he still keeps in the guest bedroom—his elbows are rested over his thighs as he bends forward, with his mind wandering back and forth to the long argument he had just walked away from.

He could not leave his office for a few long minutes after you left him there, and now he feels completely powerless, as his mind is filled with guilt for not being able to stop you from leaving. Understanding that he is also the one who keeps pushing you away is only making things harder for him to breathe.

He has to admit that everything is very much his own fault, when he keeps refusing to let you know what he has kept for so long. How he keeps refusing to give you everything; every answer, every bit of truth, and every bit of himself.

But he also blames you, who kept refusing to trust him completely. He leans his head down, allowing his hand to run through his hair. His fingers brush through the strands of his soft locks before he starts pulling them in despair.

Why couldn't you just wait? He told you that he cannot show you everything, not yet. It is just a matter of time before he gives you all that you asked for. All he needs to do is make sure that he finds a way to secure you from the last remaining threats, since he still is not even sure that he would be able to protect you all the damn time.

"Why is it so hard for you to just tell me what it is that you really want?"

—your words are still echoing inside his head after you voiced them out earlier.

Why can't he? Does he really know what it is that he wants? How is he supposed to let you know what his heart actually desires, when he has been too afraid that it might only push you away?

The one main reason why he cannot be true to his heart, and to give you the truth about what he feels is the way his past keeps reminding him of what had happened to him the last time he had ever done just that. How he gave everything by opening his heart for once only to be broken to pieces.