Chapter 18 | Unmasked

18 | Unmasked

You spend the remaining time you have of waiting for Yoongi's return by studying the files you just received from Hoseok using your laptop.

Every detail of your father's old work is there, and you cannot decide whether to feel left behind from knowing so little about your parents, or to be amazed by how good Hoseok does in finding so many hidden information in such a short time.

The sound of the front door opening grabs your attention, letting you know that Yoongi has returned. You take a deep breath to calm yourself while turning off your laptop and hide everything else away, before you finally walk out of your bedroom to meet him.

"You're home early," you greet Yoongi when you find him in the main lounge. He is standing in the middle of the room, tilting his head to the side with his eyes closed shut when you come in. He slowly turns to see you, shrugging his suit off over his shoulders as he locks his eyes on you, watching you come closer.

"Jimin insisted that I should go home right after I was done with the last meeting," he smiles at you while tossing the suit to the nearest chair. "Seems like you also had a busy day today."

You shake your head. "Not really," you tell him while giving his cheek a soft kiss. "I had a long talk with my father, and we kind of forgot about the time."

"He must've missed you," Yoongi smiles, wrapping his free arm around your waist while pulling off his tie. "You should spend time with him more often."

"Perhaps I should," you answer him briefly, giving him nothing but the truth. Especially when you still have a lot of questions for your old man. "Are you okay? Why did Jimin insist you to come home early?"

"Because I still owe you a dinner," he chuckles. "Would you like to go on a date with me tonight?"

"Are you sure?" you reach up to rest your palm on his cheek, scanning his face to find any resemblance to his previous illness showing anywhere. "You look tired. I know I am, and you've done more work than I did for the whole day, so I can imagine that you would need the night's rest."