Chapter 02 | Unspoken Promises

02 | Unspoken Promises

The sound of the pen point scratching over the piece of paper pierced through the silence in the room when you finally―after the long waitscribble down your signature on the designated part of the contract. You already had your decision long before, and the last hour of sitting with him over dinner was the last move you needed to do to see whether you will one day find any comfort of sharing the same space with him, after knowing that you have shared the same intentions since the beginning.

Well, almost everything.

"Done," you let him know once you are finished with your task. You put the lid back on the pen and put it down, next to the papers and straighten your body on your seat to once again look across the table and stare into his eyes. Yoongi gives you a delightful smile and nods his head towards the butler that has been standing at the corner of the room, giving him a sign to take the folder of papers and the pen away.

You watch silently as the older man takes them in his hands and submits them to his employer, before retreating from your sight once again. Holding your gaze, you watch silently as Yoongi holds the contract in his hand, his eyes lingering over it as if he is studying the wordseven when you know he won't have to do it when he is the one who made itbefore he finally places them back over the table and starts leaving his own signature on it.

"Well then," he speaks once he is done with his part, putting back the lid of the pen before placing it in the front pocket of his shirt. "I'm glad that we can finally settle with the agreement. I will arrange for the next step and set out the date for the public marriage proposal and our engagement party. I'm sure that three months is already enough time to grief, isn't it? I'm pretty sure people won't have any problems with seeing you accepting a new wedding proposal by then."