Chapter 13 | Divulge

13 | Divulge

The flight home can never be more awkward.

Silence is the only thing accompanying you in that small private jet, with Yoongi being too busy in his own trail of thoughts, one of his hand is too busy clutching over the armrest while the other is holding a glass of his favourite scotch.

You keep your eyes looking out the window, not finding any way to eliminate the wall that had suddenly formed between the two of you. The only thing you regret is how the last few days you have spent together, the new memories you have carved now all seems like a meaningless dream.

The first contact he finally makes to you comes after the stewardess had just taken his empty glass away, when he rests his palm on your bare knees to grab your attention.

"I know you've been wondering about when you can start working again. Do you have to be present in your father's company all the time? Or can you manage to work mobile?"

You are taken aback at the question he gives you, completely unprepared to suddenly having the conversation after a long silent moment. "Uhm, not really. I did my job from my apartment back when I worked for my Father, so I pretty much did everything mobile. Why?"

He licks his lips as he takes a moment, contemplating about what he is about to say next.

"What if I set you a place to work in my office? You can observe and learn everything regarding how I work while giving me everything I need to learn about your father's company. This way, I can try to delve into Lacuna Tech without actually being present there and create a completely uncomfortable atmosphere from my sudden appearance, while giving you a chance to understand the work system we use in my office. We might learn more from each other's systems this way before we can come up for any future plans."

"Are you sure about this?"

He turns to face you in a businesslike manner. "Of course. I actually have given a thought about it for quite some time. I just want to know if you don't mind."