Chapter 15 | The Common Enemy

15 | The Common Enemy

Yoongi released a long sigh. His hand was gripping hard on the armrest as he leaned back in his chair. His head had been pounding since he woke up this morning, and it had been getting worse for the last hours of the meeting that had kept him since early that morning.

He tried to focus on the elder man sitting across the meeting table—who was surrounded by lawyers and his personal accountant sitting by his sides, the sound of his pen scratching on the paper as he scribbled down his signature on the contract was the only companion to Yoongi's sighs. As he was failing to keep his mind from drifting away and distracted by his headache, Jimin's palm patting on his shoulder was the only thing keeping him steady.

"There you go, my young friend," Mr. Oh mused delightfully while he placed his pen back on the desk. His deep chuckle brought Yoongi's attention back to the meeting. "I have a lot of hopes on doing this deal with your company."

Finally, Yoongi thought to himself, sighing in relief. He was already on the verge of losing his patience by having the thought that the man had been merely trying to play tricks on him. "I'm just glad that we can finally have an understanding," he said eventually, only after he regained his calm. "It's really been a challenge to read your mind, Mr. Oh. I was beginning to think that there is nothing in this world that would win your heart."

Mr. Oh laughed with his head tilted back. "Yes, yes—" he nodded his head in an amused fashion, before waving his hand at his assistant to pass along the signed contract into Jimin's hand. "—you probably thought I'm playing a game with you, don't you, Min Yoongi?"

Damn, his good. Yoongi thought to himself, giving him a tight lip smile as he held back his anger while reminding himself— Of course, he is. What else do you expect from a man who has been in this business for more than 30 years?

"Of course not, Mr. Oh," he merely answered in a calm manner. "But I have been wondering why you had been holding off on us for so long. I'm happy that we can finally get through to understand what your heart wants, although I'm still not completely sure why you haven't been so thorough with us from the beginning."