Chapter 30 | Archenemies

30 | Archenemies

—Approximately 24 hours ago—

Infiltrate, find data, and run out to safety.

Run out to safety.

If there was anything Hoseok has ever learned from years of thriving and fighting against the law, was that whenever he would find himself in any form of situation that was threatening his life and his path to freedom, he would have to pick between two choices only; either to stand on his ground and fight, or to run.

For the longest time, his first choice to make has always been the latter. Knowing so perfectly that he was not trained enough to physically fight anyone, he managed to attain the skill of running and hiding instead, if not to use his tricks to find a way to slip out of trouble. And for years, those were the only ways he knew how to survive.

Right now, he was stuck with no other option than to fight.

Finding himself being pressed to the corner, the way out that he was heading to was right there in front of his very own eyes and the only thing blocking his way was one of the people who he had been running away from for so long. He kept glancing back at the other way, looking down the rows of locked doors and large glass windows as he tried to find another way around. But he also knew that it was impossible for him to just walk up and leave. Not when he had his opponent's gun being pointed straight at him.

Hoseok kept his eyes on the man standing in front of him while trying his best to swiftly reaches back towards the hidden pocket on the side of his backpack. He could feel the tip of his fingers grazing the cold surface of his small gun already, yet the pressure that his opponent was sending towards him forced him to unintentionally slide his foot back when his whole body was ready to run away out of instinct.