Chapter 52 | Infiltration II

52 | Infiltration (Part 2)

Infiltrate, find data, and run out to safety.

Ever since you saw that motto written on one of Hoseok's notes one day, you have had it ingrained in your memory, and now you are using it as a motivating enchantment as you trudge forward through one of the longest halls you had just found.

"Take your time," the robotic voice coming through from your AirPods speaks, leading your way. "You don't have to rush, there is a guard at your three o'clock heading the opposite way. Slow down so you will miss him."

You have no idea who is speaking to you through the other side of the call, or whether it is a male or female, but you still follow their guide, having no other choice but to trust them at this point. You were sure that you were screwed when the first message came into your phone. With the number hidden and the cryptic message catching you off guard, you had first thought that you were caught before you could act.

Until the next messages came in after another, convincing you to listen to them instead of running.

[New message from Unknown Number]

[07.13 PM] You seem lost.

[07.14 PM] I know what you came here for.

[07.14 PM] I can help you.

Just as you were about to question their identity, or how they know about what you are about to do, the next message stopped you completely.

[07.14 PM] Do not reply to this or try to contact me. Your outgoing messages and calls could be tracked while you are inside the building, but they cannot track me down.

[07.15 PM] Before you wonder who I am, just know that you can trust me. I'm your only choice.

You hate the fact that they were right. That you had no other choice but to listen to them if you want to avoid being stuck in this building or get caught. It was fortunate that you had listened to Junhong and brought your AirPods with you instead of leaving it behind in your purse. Putting it in good use, you received their phone call and allowed them to guide your way.