Chapter 22 | Park Jinyoung

22 | Park Jinyoung

— Two Years Ago —

Coming back to the city where you grew up in after leaving for so long didn't exactly bring any excitement or longing in your heart of coming home. You never felt it when you first came back after years of studying abroad in college, and you still cannot feel it as you were coming back after spending those few years away in your quest of chasing your dream.

You still loved the city, for the many memories you have had since you were born and spent years growing up thereafter. But coming back always meant facing your family, your parents, and mostly, the obligations that were written for you since the day you were born.

'I guess there's no choice but to wake up from that dream after all', you mused with a regretful sigh as you made your way out of the arrival gate at the airport. Your plane had just landed moments ago, bringing you back into the city in less than a week after your father had called you, asking for your presence and assistance on his company.

"I will send someone to pick you up,"

—was the last thing your father said to you on your last phone call, right before you boarded the flight. Another thing that you were not looking forward to, since he had also added—

"Take your time to get to know him. It might do good for everyone before you start working."

His words only made you feel more agitated in finding whoever this person was, knowing that your father's intricate message would only mean that he had something up his sleeve, something he had completely planned for you. You did make a stop in front of the gate's door, however, taking your time to scan through the lines of people waiting for the arrivals.