Chapter 29 | The Stubborn Wife

29 | The Stubborn Wife

With fast footsteps, your body moves as if it is in complete overdrive until you reach your bedroom. Everything else seems to feel numb, your heart, your senses, your mind.

The moment you are met with silence that is residing in your abandoned room, you take a long deep breath to take in the solitude that you need most with eyes closed, until every troubling thought that has been occupying your mind slowly starts to fade away.

So much have happened in the span of 24 hours of time, and you cannot stop feeling as if your life is turning upside down before you ever have any chances of taking back control. You feel like your life is in a complete turmoil and it is making it hard for you to grasp reality when everything keeps moving in quick pace ever since you have opened the pandora box.

A part of you is relieved that all the secrets are being unravelled one by one and that you can finally stop hiding things from Yoongi. But as each layer of all the secrets is being peeled and opened until everything that has been hidden is slowly surfacing, and you are now finally able to see through Yoongi's mask while taking down yours, there is also a part of you that feels uneasy about what is to come. Substantially when you are not entirely sure of what you are about to face in the future now that you are getting closer to the truth and to solving every piece of the puzzles you have been collecting for so long.

Standing in the middle of the room with your back facing the door, crossing your arm over your chest as you try to eliminate the shudders surging through your body—the one thing you have been constantly feeling since Jungkook arrived earlier—you let yourself lost in your own thoughts, embracing the storm that is happening in your chest. Letting yourself being engulfed by the silence that you fail to notice Yoongi's presence as he enters the room. That is, until he stands right behind you and gently places his palms to hold your arms.