03

The first thing Yoongi heard when leaving his apartment for the first time in about four hours of working on another song, was a delicate sneeze that echoed trough the hall.
He frowned and walked into the living room where he spotted Jimin on the couch, snuggled into one of their comfortable blankets while watching TV.

The younger looked worn out, deep dark circles under his eyes popping out even more due to the unusual paleness of his skin. His hair was a mess, some silver strands sticking to his, in a thin layer of sweat covered forehead and his chubby cheeks were a flushed colour. A raspy cough leaving his dry lips startled Yoongi, who had been shamelessly staring. Good thing the younger's attention was all on the show he'd been watching.

"Jimin?"

Said male turned around and gave Yoongi a weak smile.

"Hi hyung", he croaked, trying his best to keep a steady voice.

"Since when are you home?", the older asked as he approached Jimin, sitting down next to the other but keeping a reasonable amount of distance between the two in case Jimin got uncomfortable.

Jimin took a quick glance to the clock that currently showed 9pm.

"My shift ended at about 6."

Yoongi's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He hadn't noticed the younger enter the apartment.

"I didn't want to bother you because you were working."

That was the thing with Jimin - he didn't ever want to bother anyone in any way possible.

Yoongi could still recall that one time, about half a year ago, when Jimin had a major cold, not even being able to leave the bed but he still wouldn't call Yoongi - who of course hadn't taken the slightest notice of Jimin feeling unwell - for help but instead starved and sweat out his cold.

That's when something in Yoongi clicked. Flushed cheeks, sweaty forehead, pale as fuck - of course Jimin was sick.
He mentally slapped himself for not noticing any sooner.

"Jimin are you sick?", he asked carefully, not wanting to upset him.

The younger looked at Yoongi like a deer caught in the headlight and stuttered: "N-No I'm ok hyung! Just feeling a little tired.."

His lie, however, was immediately exposed as a fit of coughs wrecked trough his body, making him twist and turn.

The older sighed, softly stroking Jimin's back that was turned to him.

Big Jimin never wanted help with anything.
But maybe little Jimin did.

"Minnie", Yoongi whispered fondly. "Let me check your temperature. I'll just go and get the thermometer."

Truth was; Yoongi had no clue where the fuck this so called thermometer was. Instead he immediately headed into Jimin's room, searching for the best medicine he could think of.

As he'd found it, he quickly headed back into the living room where Jimin was still curled up on the couch.

"I couldn't find the thermometer but look who crossed my path", he sing-sang and smiled as the expression on the younger's face changed.

"Floor!", Jimin croaked, tiny hands stretching out for the stuffed zebra.

Yoongi sat back down next to the other - this time not minding personal space - and handed him Floor.
As the soft toy was securely locked in Jimin's arms, the older pulled the silver haired up into his lap (earning a yelp from Jimin) and gently guided Jimin's head to rest in the crook of his neck. He placed the back of his hand softly against Jimin's forehead and hissed at the contact.

"Minnie you're burning hot."

The younger looked up at Yoongi with guilty eyes, lips forming a slight pout.
"'M sorry."

"Don't be", Yoongi was quick to reassure. "It's not your fault the sickies got you."

"The sickies?", the smaller repeated, eyes wide sparkling with curiosity.

"You don't know them?"

Jimin shook his head.

"Well every time one is feeling sick, it's because of the sickies. They get to you when you're outside in the cold and not looking."

"I was outside in the cold yesterday", Jimin mumbled amazed.

"Ah I guess that's when they got you", Yoongi smiled knowingly. "But don't worry - hyung's gonna chase them off with lots of soup, a hot bath and a good night's sleep."

The younger agreed and Yoongi changed the channel to a kids one before leaving to make some sam gae tang, a soup his mother used to cook for him when he was sick.

What he didn't think about though was that Jimin hadn't gone shopping for groceries (which seemed impossible in his current state anyways) so the fridge was pretty much empty.

Yoongi looked around several cupboards until he finally found a can of bean sprouts. A sigh left his lips before he continued to just make some bean sprout soup that he always cooked when he had a hangover instead. Adding a splash of red pepper flakes, he hoped the soup provided enough vitamins and asparagines for Jimin to get better.

He carried the bowl of boiling hot soup over to the couch where Jimin was still lying in the same position as when Yoongi had left.

The younger didn't even budge when Yoongi sat down next to him, eyes trained on the TV.

"Jiminie", he cooed and softly brushed the boy's fringe from his eyes. Said boy reluctantly pried his gaze from Thomas the tank engine and crawled over to Yoongi, resting his head in the older's lap. He lazily opened his mouth and waited for the older to feed him.

There was no "here comes the airplane" or "choo choo" needed as the small boy gladly accepted the soothing soup, humming every time Yoongi lead the spoon into his mouth.

And so Jimin slowly but surely finished his soup, only the sound of Thomas the tank engine softly talking filling the room.

°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°

Choo choo mofos

This was kinda crap but fun to write anyways