13

Though his daddy had read him a bedtime story, placed a glass of water on the bedside table and given him a goodnight kiss, Jimin couldn't stop the fear creeping up his spine and curling his toes.

Earlier a quiet thumb had echoed trough the room, snapping the boy out of his light slumber. Since then Jimin swore he could hear all kinds of noises from under the bed - cracking, shuffling, knocking, breathing, shuffling, rumbling, scratching - which only caused him to hide more under the comfort of his safe blanket, shaking hands holding onto Floor for dear life while he tried to keep his ragged breathing as low as possible.

The air under the comforter was starting to get stuffy and hot, his Mickey Mouse pjs sticking to his sweaty body and getting damp themselves.

Jimin decided to take the risk and stick his head out from under the blanket, just to have a quick look around.

"It's ok Floor", he whispered, clumsily stroking the stuffed zebra's head.
"You don't have to be scared, Jiminie will protect you."

The boy feared that, as soon as he would come out from his hideout, the scary monsters that had been keeping him up all night would appear from the darkness and bite off his head.

Or worse, Floor's head.

He blindly groped for the pacifier that had to be lying around somewhere, careful not to stick his hand outside. It took him a while but he eventually found it (it had been right under his pillow all this time), quickly slipping it between his lips and suckling. The soother calmed him immediately, the soft plastic in his mouth simply bringing a sense of safety.

"Ok Floor", he lisped from under the shield.
"I'll go out now. If I don't make it back inside - tell dada I loved him."

The silver haired boy put Floor safely to the side, placing a last kiss onto the zebra's nose and wished him farewell before grabbing the blanket and slowly pulling it off his face.
He was greeted by darkness, the only light in the room being the Batman night light next to his door. So far everthing seemed alright, his head was still attached to his body so Jimin risked it to pull the covers all the way down to his hips. He could hear his heart beat pounding in his ears as he carefully sat up - another rustle made him still, ears strained to notice any kind of further noise. But nothing. He took a deep breath and exhaled shakily, horrible images of terrifying monsters that would eat him, Floor and his daddy alive flashing trough his mind.

"I'm n-not scared", he whimpered into the darkness, biting down on the pacifier harshly.
"I-If you try to eat me I'll tell my daddy..!"

It followed silence, so Jimin assumed the monsters must've got scared by his threat. He held onto the matress tightly and shuffled a bit so he could easily look under the bed.

1.. 2.. 3!

A piercing scream rung trough the flat, alarming Yoongi who had been watching telly. Mere seconds later a bawling Jimin came running trough the door, loud wails shaking his body.

"Oh my", the man muttered worriedly, scooping up the crying boy and sitting him down in his lap.
"What's up bug, what's wrong?"

Fat tears pooled out of the younger's squeezed shut eyes, snot already collecting at the tip of his nose as he clung to his caregiver's shirt.

"Shh I got you", Yoongi mumbled into Jimin's silver hair, softly rocking them back and forth in a calming manner.
"Daddy's here, it's alright baby. It's alright."

His heart stung at the wrecked sight of his little boy. Hiar messed up and all over the place, eyes red and swollen from crying and his shoulder shook with every sob that stroke trough his little body.