04

It was the second day of Jimin being sick - luckily he had two days off anyways after his 24 hour shift as a paramedic.

And it seemed the younger slowly but surely got better as the colour of his skin returned to its usual honey kissed shade.

After Yoongi had given a very shy Jimin a bath (he'd refused to take off his underwear though) and put him to sleep with a cup of tea, he wanted the other to get as much energy as possible for the next day by providing a savoury breakfast.
So, as soon as he'd woken up, Yoongi started soft-boiling some eggs and putting out many options for them to put on their toast.
It didn't take Jimin another 30 minutes to groggily step into the kitchen, left hand clutching his baby blue polka dotted blanket while the other clumsily rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"Hyung?", he croaked, voice still hoarse.

"Morning bug", the older smiled and gave a small wave. "Hungry?"

Instead of verbally answering, Jimin solely sat down at the table, swaying his legs while waiting for Yoongi to finish cooking.

A couple minutes later the eggs were done and the two boys began eating their breakfast in a comfortable silence.

The black haired latter bit into his toast, a satisfied hum leaving his lips as he noticed the younger struggling.

Jimin looked at the egg in front of him sadly, squishy cheeks resting in his tiny hands.

"What's up, buttercup?", Yoongi mentally highfived himself and had to restrain from feeling his pajama shirt and exclaiming it's daddy material.

"Hyung I can't eat it", the younger mumbled, his plump bottom lip formed into an adorable pout.

"Why?", his hyung asked stunned, setting down what was left of his toast.

"It's a baby!", Jimin cried, grabbing the egg and clutching it to his chest. "I can't just eat a little chicken!"

Yoongi chuckled lightly, a fond expression on his face.
"Baby that's not a real chicken, it's never been."

"Of course it's not a real chicken yet. It still gotta hatch!", the smaller defended the egg, holding onto it tighter.

"Jiminie, it won't hatch. It's an egg to eat, not to breed", the older tried to explain.
"Just open it up and eat it, it's ok."

"No!", Jimin insisted still, turning his body away from Yoongi and hugging the egg even closer to his chest.
There was a moment of silence, an amused smirk lingering on Yoongi's lips as he watched his dongsaeng be so protective over an already cooked egg.

That was until a loud crack broke this silence and Jimin's whole pjs were covered in egg yolk and egg white.
He slowly turned to the older with a mortified expression as he looked down at the broken eggshells in his hands.

Yoongi held back a laugh but panicked as he noticed the smaller's eyes getting glossy and his bottom lip trembling.

"Oh my, it's ok Jimi-"

"I KILLED IT!", the younger wailed, fat tears already streaming down his chubby cheeks.

Yoongi quickly jumped up from his seat and rushed to Jimin's side as he carefully lifted the smaller boy from his seat and into his lap.

"It's ok Jimin, it wasn't a real chicken", he tried to reassure him and rubbed his back in a soothing manner.

"B-but, b-but i-it's a baby", the silver haired sobbed into the crook of Yoongi's neck, tiny fists rubbing his still crying eyes and smudging egg all over his face.

"Nono bug, it was an egg to eat. There's no babies in eggs to eat", the other repeated again and again as if it were a mantra while gently rocking Jimin from side to side and caressing his back and cheeks.

Yoongi had to admit, it was pretty gross, all the egg yolk and egg whites sticking to his fingers - and he swore he could feel Jimin's snot drenching the collar of his shirt - but it was ok and even kind of adorable.

It took them a couple of minutes but Jimin eventually calmed down and Yoongi pulled away.

His eyes scanned over the mess - pjs covered in egg, cheeks smudged with egg, tiny dirty fists still holding egg shells.

"Seems like this little one needs a bath."

○○○

They went right into the bathroom, just leaving breakfast on the table for now.

"Jiminie, can you go get yourself some clean clothes while I'll prepare your bath? And try not to get your closet dirty!", Yoongi said as he shooed the younger away to set up what they needed and get the water to the right temperature.

A few moments later Jimin was back, sitting on the toilet (with the lid closed) while swaying his legs. He'd put the stack of clothes onto the washing machine and watched his hyung.

Yoongi hummed to himself as the water finally had the perfect temperature and put the shower head down, turning to his dongsaeng.

"Let's get those clothes off", he said and smiled as Jimin shyly stood up and stepped in front of him.

"Up."

The smaller raised his arms, gaze still casted downwards.
Though struggling a little, Yoongi managed to pull the shirt over Jimin's head, then proceeded to crouch down and help the younger step out of his pants.

Just like the last time, the younger kept on his underwear as he (with a little support of his hyung) stepped into the bathtub and sat down 'criss-cross-apple sauce', as he liked to call it.

Yoongi crouched down as well, his face just a bit higher than Jimin's and held the shower head right over him.

The boy scrunched up his face and giggled as the warm water hit his sticky body.

Yoongi smiled along while grabbing a washcloth and running it all over Jimin's arms, legs, tummy and back.
He then turned off the water and grabbed the shampoo, squirting a good amount into the palm of his hand and began to gently rub it into Jimin's silver hair, careful to not get any into his eyes.

He'd have to buy some for children that didn't burn, Yoongi noted.

Jimin giggled as the older continued with the body wash, sides too ticklish for Yoongi's touch.

"Is this little boy ticklish?"

He quickly shook his head.
"Nu-uh."

"Really?"

"M-hm."

"Well..", the black haired mused.
"So I guess it's ok if the tickle monster pays you a visit?"

"..Nu-uh."

But it was too late. Before the younger could do anything about it, Yoongi had attacked his sides, tickling them and making Jimin squirm and giggle under his touch.

"Nooo", he giggled and thrashed around. "No more, no more!"

Yoongi stopped and laughed along, a big gummy smile stretching his lips.
"I declare the winner of this tickle fight - Min Yoongi!"

°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°

↑ me @ u guys