epilogue.

The rattling of keys from the other side of the door caught Jimin's attention and he momentarily stopped cutting his vegetables, a small smile making its way onto his face.

Hiding his excitement, Jimin continued cooking dinner as the familiar sound of his boyfriend's lazily dragging steps echoed trough the apartment. More rustling was heard while Yoongi undressed, putting his shoes neatly next to the younger's.
Jimin began humming a small melody, rhythmically cutting yellow and orange carrots into thin slices.

"Jimin-ah", Yoongi's voice called from the hallway as it got closer and the man wondered how it could sound so rough and soft at the same time.

He hummed to give the older a hint about his whereabouts, though Yoongi already figured due to the delicious smell thet lingered in the air.

"Is that chicken that I smell?", the black haired strolled into the kitchen just as Jimin grabbed ahold of the lid and presented him the insides of the pot.
His mouth watered at the sight of golden skinned chicken and the freshly cut carrots Jimin threw into the pot.

"Dak jjim", his boyfriend smiled proudly and put the lid back on.

"Have I ever told you that I love you?"

Jimin rolled his eyes playfully.
"A thousand times."

"I love you", Yoongi spoke, pressing a wet peck onto his boyfriend's cheek before skipping past him like a little girl, already sitting down at the dinner table.

"One thousand and one times", the younger smiled to himself as he got ahold of the heavy pot and carried it to where Yoongi sat.

Dinner was filled with easy chatting about work; Yoongi told about how Namjoon broke yet another keyboard; Jimin told about how an elderly woman called them because a pea got stuck her grandchild's nostril. They talked about how much the new IT movie sucked and about their anniversary that was coming up soon. Four years had gone by in the blink of an eye.

"We're not leaving Korea, dear", the older sighed and looked away from the other's pleading eyes.

"C'mon Yoongz, you're no fun", Jimin pouted as his chopsticks picked up the last piece of chicken.
"Hawaii sounds so nice, we haven't gone on holiday since forever!"

"We went to France last yea-"

"Sush", he pressed his smal hand against Yoongi's lips, eyes shut close and brows knitted.
"Close your eyes Yoongi."

"Jimi-", again Jimin's hand was pressed into the older's face, shoving the tip of his nose to the side awkwardly.

Yoongi heaved a deep sigh and closed his eyes.

"Imagine the beach, Yoongi", Jimin spoke with a soft voice.
"Soothing waves rolling into the sand. A slight breeze grazing your warm body as the sun tickles your toes. Slurping fruity cocktails, accompanied by the music of an ukulele."

Slowly but surely a smile took over the older's features and he felt the cool wind in his hair and the blazing sun that heated up the strands of pitch black hair ontop his head.

"Me, standing in the middle of the beach"

Yoongi's smile widened as he saw Jimin's tan figure glisten golden in the sunlight, the apple of his cheeks and the tip of his nose coloured a faint red at the impact of the sun.

"Surrounded by colourful parasols"

He saw Jimin's eyes wrinkling cutely, forming sparkling little crescents as his plump lips were stretched in a radiant smile, adorably crooked tooth on full display.