20. Separation

Jiya's pov:

Maan looked away from me and said , "If that's what you want then I will not stop you" and left from here

I felt like my world has collapsed, eyes become blur and tears started flowing from my eyes. I can't see or think about anything properly. I don't want to leave. My legs are not supporting so I took the support of sofa and sat on floor. I cried on my fate Whenever I fall for someone always they leave me. I tried my best not to open my heart for Maan but he constantly knocked on my heart untill I open and Now he is leaving me. Why this always happens to me? Don't I deserve happiness?

Maan's pov:

I came to lawn and sat on swing. It hurts to say like that but I think we need time away from each other to clear our head and understand what we actually want from each other. I don't want her to accept me because she has no other choice. I hope this separation give her time to understand what she really want.

When I came back to our room she was sleeping in sitting position near couch. I picked her up and placed on bed. This might be the last day when I am sleeping near her. I too laid on my side and pulled her in my arms. Her cheeks have traces of tears. I think she cried a lot after I left. Sorry Jiya, this is needed. I removed strands of hair from her face and placed kiss on her forehead. " I love you. I will miss you. I hope you come back to me." after sometime I took my pillow and left to lay down on couch.

When I woke up Jiya was not on bed and cupboard is open. Jiya's clothes are not there. She left. She didn't even wait for me to wake up. I quickly got up and came downstairs. I saw her talking to Ammi. I hid behind piller and tried to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Jiya said, "I want to go to my house for a week. I talked with Maan. He said he can't come So I will go alone."

Ammi said, "why he will not come? I will talk to him. It won't be nice if you go alone. It's your first time after marriage."

Jiya said, "it's okay Ammi. Don't force him. It's just about one week. I will explain to them. They will understand."

Ammi said, "Okay. If you say so Otherwise I would have made him straight. You are so understanding beta. My son is so lucky"

I know I am so lucky to have her.

Jiya said, "I will leave then"

Ammi said, "Wait. Maan will drop you."

Jiya said, "it's okay Ammi."

Ammi said," No wait. I will not allow you to go alone. This time you have to listen to me."

Jiya just nodded her head. I can see nervousness on her face so she doesn't want to see me.

I went upstairs got freshen up and came back. I saw Jiya was having breakfast. When Ammi saw me she smiled and said, "Come Maan. You too have breakfast and drop her at Zareena's house after that She was waiting for you from long time"

I looked at her but she avoided my gaze

I said," Okay Ammi"

We both had our breakfast silently. Ammi was looking at us suspiciously. I guess she had understood something is wrong between us. Once I come back I have to face lots of questions.