24. Move On

Jiya's pov:

Sameer said, "Jiya is your wife...?"

I got panicked what if he says the truth

Maan asked, "you know each other?"

I was so nervous I thought I might passout.

Sameer was about to reply

I quickly said, "He was my senior in university."

Maan said, "Oh nice"

I said, "I am tired. I will rest a bit. It's good to see you after long time Sameer. I was surprised that you are Maan's friend. We will catch up later. For now bye" I quickly ran to our room.

My heart is beating faster. Ya Allah how will Maan react if he got to know about Sameer. I don't want to hide anything from him but I don't want to lose him either. Maan was hurt even if I talk to a guy then how he will feel when he get to know that his best friend is my ex. He will probably leave me thinking that I am still in love with Sameer. No never. I won't let it happen. I will make sure that Maan never get to know about this.

Maan's pov:

Jiya's behavior was strange. May be I am thinking too much.

I looked at Sameer. I was so angry at him for yesterday's behavior.

I glared at him and said, "Let's have a talk"

Once we were inside his room.
I shouted at him, "Have you lost your mind Sameer? You again started drinking. You promised me last time that you will never touch alcohol."

Sameer looked at me and I can see that he was glaring at me like I did something wrong.

Sameer said, "You don't know the feeling of getting heartbroken Maan. Both the girls whom I trusted cheated on me. I love her Maan but she is married. Do you have any idea how I feel? NO.. She was my last hope that my life will get on track. She was my only ray in darkness but I lost her. You can never understand my pain." he shouted the last part.

He is right I might not know how he feel but it doesn't mean that he will spoil his life by drinking. I have seen him in his worst state but I never want him to go back to that phase again. I will not let him do so.

I said, "But drinking is not going to solve your problem. It will only increase them. Please Sameer try to understand you should try to move on. You will definitely get someone who will love you for who you are."

Sameer shouted , "How many times should I tell you I only want her?"

I said," Sameer she is married. It's wrong "

Sameer said," I don't care. I want her. I know she loves me. She just got married because of her parents."

I sighed and said, "How are you so sure?"

Sameer said, "I know her very well. She is not that type of girl who can move from one guy to other so easily. She was madly in love with me. You should have seen us then you would have known that no one can come between us"

I said, "Please calm down. Okay first talk to her if she agree with you then we can talk to her husband and make him understand. Other wise promise me that you will give your 100% to move on from her and leave her alone."

Sameer said," Fine. I promise that I will leave her alone if she is happy with him than she can be with me but do you think her husband will understand? "

I said," we have to make him understand. "

Sameer said," Will you leave your wife for her ex if you are in his place? "