40. Regret

Jiya's pov:

It's been three days since I talked to Sameer. It's really hard not to share this with Maan. I hope everything goes fine and Sameer also can move on and have a happy life. I know it's not my fault but somewhere I feel guilty and responsible for his state. I cursed him a lot when I was hurt. I wished that he will hurt in same way like he did to me. Now I realize how wrong I was. I should not have done that. If he settles down and lead a happy life then It will reduce my guilt. I wish he get all the happiness he desire.

I came to hall and saw Aunty was preparing for dinner. She was cutting vegetables. I joined her. After talking about random things. I asked her, "Aunty, When will Aliya return?"

Aunty said, "She went to her friend's marriage. She will return in two days inshallah."

I said, "Have you thought about Aliya's marraige?"

She seemed surprised.

I said, "Sorry if I asked something wrong."

Aunty said, "No no it's nothing like that. I am looking for suitable groom for her. Actually Aliya wants to study further so I am looking for a guy who will allow her to study even after marriage. Sometimes it seems she don't want to get married. She gets very irritated when I mention about marriage. She changed a lot after graduation. It seems like she is hiding something but I don't know what? She is hurting from inside. I feel so. I-Oh.. Sorry. I was thinking about this so. I started rambling. "

I said," It's okay Aunty. I understand "

Aunty said," Do you want to study further Jiya? "

I was taken aback by her question.

Aunty said," I wanted to ask you this from long. If you want to study then we have no problem. Don't be hesitant."

I said," I wanted to do MBA. I was planning for exam while I got married. After marriage I don't know how but I stopped thinking about it"

Aunty said, "Career is very important Jiya. It helps you to grow as a person. If you are interested then I will talk to Maan."

I said, "No no. I will talk to him."

We heard door bell so I went to open the door. We got courier but there was no name on it. It was written like Maan and family.

I opened it. It has some CD.

I went inside. I showed the CD to Aunty. We thought of watching it but Maan and Zaan came from office so I placed the CD in CD drawer.

Maan went to our room to freshen up. Maahi came from her room. She looked at Zaan who was sitting on Sofa and immediately turned to go back. What's with these two? It feels like something is going on between them.

I called her, "Maahi, Where are you going come here?"

She came and sat on chair near dining table then Zaan left to his room. After this I came to a conclusion that they are avoiding each other but why?

When everyone came down we had dinner. After dinner all of us sat in hall to watch a movie on insistence of Aunty, she wanted to spend time with all of us. Maan was looking for CD when his eyes fell on the CD which we got today. He asked about it. When we said we don't know what's inside he thought of playing it. Me, Maan and Zaan were sitting on sofa. Maan is in the middle so exactly in front of TV. Aunty and Maahi on chair. Sameer sat on bean bag.

I was shocked on seeing what was inside the CD.

Me and Sameer were sitting on bed.

My face and his back were facing Camera.