30. Care

Maan's pov:

I went to Ammi's room. Zaan was trying to talk to her but she is not listening. When she saw me she said, "what are you doing here? Go to your wife"

I came inside, sat on floor and got hold of her hands which were on her lap and signed Zaan to go, once he left I said, "Ammi I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

She said, "It's okay. It's not your fault. It's your wife's fault who is trying to separate us"

I sighed and said, "Why are you so rude to her? " she was quiet.

I said, "She is not bad. I know she might not be your ideal daughter-in-law but she is good from heart. She is so innocent, caring and understanding. She loves you. Think of you as her mom. I don't know what made you think she don't care for me. That's not true.. She really cares for me. You always said that you want a girl who can take care of me and love me as you do. She is just like you. Ammi. She might not be good at household works but from heart she is just like you. "

Ammi said," No Maan. Don't lie to me. I have eyes I can see How much she cares for you.. I did mistake in selecting my daughter-in-law. I was deceived by her innocent looks but she is so cunning I never knew."

I didn't like the way she is talking about Jiya. She is not cunning. Who put this thing in mom's head? Someone is provoking mom against Jiya.. But who???

I said, "Ammi.. I will ask you just one question.. Do you want my happiness?!"

She said, "I want nothing else other than my children's happiness.."

I said, "My happiness lies in my family Which includes Jiya. I can't be happy if anyone of you is not happy. Please Ammi For me..For my happiness..Accept Jiya as your daughter-in-law wholeheartedly. Please.. "

She didn't reply and I slowly placed my head on her lap. She ran her fingers through my hair and said," Okay"

Jiya's pov:

Why she hates me?? Why?? Am I really that bad??

I was in my own thoughts when I heard a knock and I expected Maan but it was Sameer.

I said, "I don't want to talk to anyone Sameer. Please go"

He didn't stop and came then sat beside me and said, "Are you okay?"

I Sighed and said, "Please I want to be alone. Don't mind but I am not in mood to talk to anyone"

He smiled and said, "You have not changed a bit. You become very grumpy when you are angry."

I don't want to talk. I don't like when he behaves like he knows me very well.

I said," Please Sameer.. GO"

He didn't say anything and left from there. I heard a knock again. I thought it was Sameer. I irritated looked at him but it was Maan.

I said, "it's your room as well. No need to knock." I didn't mean to sound so rude but may be because of crying my voice was little hoarse.

He flinched a little at my tone. He said, "oh okay..I..I am sorry. Ammi should not have said like that."

I didn't look at him. Tears started more when he said that. He came and sat beside me. He cupped my face and wiped my tears and said, "Don't cry Jiya. I don't like your tears."

I hugged him and cried my eyes out. All the frustration and hurt I went through when he was not here.When Aunty words hurt me.

He didn't say anything just let me cry in his arms. He rubbed my back to comfort me. If he is with me then Nothing matters.