2

Hayes

I threw the butt of my cigarette on the sidewalk down the street from my house and continued on.

The girl who's apartment I just came from; Rachel? Annie? Something like that, doesn't live too far from me. It's good and bad.

I got to my front door, pulling out my keys and as I was searching, I heard my dog Zan start to bark throughout the house. & just as I was about to open the door, someone had already opened it. It was Nash. My older brother.

"Hey, Hayes. Where'd you come from?" he asked as I entered the door.

"Just a long night with a very annoying girl," I chuckled.

"Then why'd you stay?" he asked with a smirk creeping upon his face.

"The head," I smirked, walking into the kitchen to find Taylor, Nash's girlfriend.

"Hey Hayes," she said with a smile while flipping a pancake

"Hey Taylor," I smiled back.

"Do you want breakfast too?" she asked

"Sure," I smiled.

"What? You didn't let that one make you breakfast either?" Nash asked while strutting into the kitchen.

"I told you, she was annoying. I didn't want to stay another second," I groaned.

"You should get yourself a girlfriend," he said while walking up behind Taylor and wrapping his arms around her.

Nash never liked my lifestyle. Of me being the man I was. He always thought it was a sense of loss of control. That I wasn't grounded or serious enough about life. But I was young, hot & irresistible, of course I wanted to have some fun with a few girls.

"I told you, I don't like relationships. I'd rather not take any chances of catching feelings and getting all of my time mixed up in a girl. I just want sex. Strictly sex," I explained as clearly as I could.

"Whatever. Just remember to use protection & pray you don't get an STD," he said condescendingly.

"Yeah, Hayes. Always remember; Wrap it before you tap it," Taylor joked and Nash laughed with her.

I wasn't amused.

I just don't want a relationship. It seems like a waste of time.