27

Kaylin

I was sitting in the coffee shop waiting for three to approach as I sipped on my espresso. Within a nick of time a short blonde girl came and sat across me.

"Kaylin Walker?" she asked as she took off her sunglasses.

"Yes," I reached my hand out, "and you are?"

"Charlotte Meybelles," she shook my hand, "your client."

"Nice to meet you," I took out my design book, "I brought some designs here and I want you to pick ou-"

"I'm not here to discuss that with you today Kaylin," she interrupted me.

"What could this be about then?" I put my book down.

"I have some very valuable information about someone that you involved with. What is your connection to Hayes Grier?" she interrogated.

"He's my boyfriend," I clarified.

"Your boyfriend isn't the saint he's cutting himself out to be," she explained.

"How so?" I was intrigued.

"He's a womaniser. He picks up any girl he can find, bangs them for a hot minute and leaves them in the dirt," she confessed. I was taken by her words.

"That doesn't seem like him," I testified.

"Best believe it's him girl. I was involved with your boyfriend previously. I was new to the city and at the club and that's when he got me drunk and took advantage of me. The next morning he kicked me out of his apartment. I tried to express my feelings for him but every time I did he shut me down. Just recently I told him I would report him to the authorities and in exchange for my silence he bought me this," she explained and put a whole bunch of items on the table.

Perfume bottles, lingerie, items of clothing and more.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I just couldn't. I started to draw the pieces together and it made sense. Him taking me to Gallop. The bar tender talking about how I was the first of the night. People telling him he couldn't be loyal. He was stringing me along all this time. That bastard.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked fearfully.

"At least two or three months now," she nodded, "and I'm not the first. He does this every time. Escape now. He will take you for your sex and leave you. He is a snake. A dog. A devil. Girl save yourself before you're trapped."

"I will," I nodded painfully as tears collected in my eyes, "I'm so sorry you had to go through that."

"It's alright honey. I needed to go through that in order to warn the others of how horrible and misleading he really is. Go off now," she declared.

"Thank you," I got up and left the coffee shop.

This boy was about to get a piece of my mind.

***

I got out my car and stormed down the path to his place. I pounded on the door and waited for him to answer.

"Babe you're back," he smiled, "how'd the meeting go?"

"Don't ever talk to me again you disgusting rat of a human being," I shoved past him.

"Baby what's wrong?" he asked.

"What's wrong? What's wrong with you! You pick women up, sleep with them then kick them to the curb the next morning. So when's my turn huh? When are you gonna kick me to the curb? Right now?" I fumed.

"Who told you that?" he asked with innocent eyes. God he was repulsive.

"Charlotte told me. What you did to her is cruel. She also told me that she wasn't the first one. You just leave a path of heartbreak and destruction wherever you go don't you! I bet you even have a kid you don't know about you bastard," I took a cushion and threw it at him with all my might. He caught it which made me even angrier.

"Kaylin listen. I can explain that. Charlotte is still mad for me dumping her for you. She's crazy. She's literally mentally ill. She told me that she was gonna ruin my life and now look what she's doing. Babe you gotta believe me," he pleaded.

"So you're telling me that you didn't sleep with her then tell her to leave your apartment the very next morning?" I questioned.

"I did," he murmured.

"You're disgusting. You're vile. You're sick," I took the tux that was hanging over the couch and started making my way out of the apartment.

"Baby there's more to the story!" he yelled behind me.

"There's no more to the story Hayes. There's no more baby. There's no more us. It's over. I'm breaking up with you, you sleazy, self-centered womanising bastard!" I screamed and rushed back to my car.

"Kaylin!" he ran to the door.

"I hope you get Herpes you prick!" I screamed and got in the car driving away from the devil that almost consumed me.