11

Hayes

Walking down the street, cigarette flopping from my mouth with the fresh breeze hitting my face. Nothing better than a typical Saturday morning bakery run.

Well for Nash & Taylor.

More of a liquor run for me.

I threw my unfinished cigarette to the ground, which I hate doing, & entered the bakery.

I stood in a line & checked out the short broad in front of me with blonde hair. She dropped something beside her & picked it up & it was quite a show goddamn.

She flipped her back & I saw the side of her face. She spotted me & made a slow rotation to see who I was. Then I saw who she was.

"Hayes," she smiled widely.

"Charlotte right?" I shuddered internally.

"Yeah," she ran her fingers through the tips of her hair, "what brings you here?"

"Just getting some stuff for my brother & his Mrs," I shrugged as we got to the front of the line.

"I didn't know you had a brother. Well I didn't meet him when I was over at your place," she hinted & I switched up.

"You were at my place?" I asked as she ordered.

"Hayes remember," she brought her voice down to a whisper, "we spent the night together."

"I don't recall that," I shook my head gently.

"Hayes. Two weeks ago. Thursday night. It was as hot as burning asphalt under the Texan sun. We went to your place at exactly 11:03pm-"

"Sorry buttercup but I think I was out the city that night," I took my box of goods & slid my finger under her chin, "you're delusional sweetheart."

"Hayes!" she erupted but I was already on my way.

I didn't wanna get involved in that scene.

"Time to get some drinks," I thought.