15

Hayes

Pound
Pound

"What the hell," I thought as I suddenly got up from my bed.

I went to my front door to answer it. As I opened the door, I felt hands extend to my shoulders and grab me viciously. I try to fight off these hands but they grow tighter. In my struggle, I feel something brush against my leg and the mystery man wince in agony. He makes a run for it as Zan looks up at me with a toothy grin.

"Good boy," I knelt down to pat his head.

What was that all about? Getting jumped in my own home by a complete stranger? Something's not right here.

I decided to head to the bathroom, get ready and head over to Nash and Taylor's new house.

"What was that all about?" my thoughts sprang into a survey of questions.

I arrived outside the almost mansion like house, gawking in aw and going inside.

"Welcome to our humble abode," Taylor's voice buzzed as she opened the door. I looked around and saw various Taylor signature touches of things regarding nature and the Earth. She was cool like that.

"Hey there gorgeous," I smiled and hugged her, "where's my dumbass brother?"

"Making breakfast," she chuckled and hit my chest softly, "that's mean."

"Oh but you love it when I'm mean baby," I smirked & she laughed.

"Babe who's there?" I heard Nash call from the kitchen.

"Hayes," she replied.

"Come," he summoned and we walked into the kitchen. We all took plates and sat in the living room as we ate.

"So what's going on?" Nash asked.

"Well," I began, "something happened. I heard a knock at my door and I went to go answer it and some guy grabbed me and tried to knock me out. Luckily Zan was there and bit him, causing him to scram but I think someone's actually after me."

"That's terrible Hayes," Taylor flicked her fork, "who do you think it could've been?"

"I'm not sure," I shrugged.

"Maybe that girl whose innocence you took away from her," Nash said smugly.

"Really she's too dense to think of that," I shook my head.

"What about that girl you've been blabbing on about? She still in the picture?" Nash asked.

"Yeah. Her name is Kaylin. Things are going really well with this girl I don't wanna mess up. I really like her guys," I exhaled deeply, caught by my own confessional.

"Wow," Nash gawked, "you actually like someone?"

"See I knew this would happen some day!" Taylor squealed.

"I still think there's a trick to it," he shook his head.

"You guys are no help I'm outta here," I stood up, put my plate on the coffee table & headed for the door.

"Hayes," I heard Nash call after me.

"Fuck you," I cursed and slammed the door.