16

Nash

"Babe," I heard Taylor's voice behind me.

"Hey you're back," I gave her a tender kiss.

"Yeah. I found out something today," she mentioned.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I actually know that Charlotte girl," she gasped.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Well I don't know her but I know of her. And I actually know where she stays. She stays on campus. She's roommates with this other girl in my class," she explained.

"Damn. Do you think we should go talk to her? Since Hayes is still mad about us not helping him," I rolled my eyes.

"Well maybe we can go talk to her and hear her side of the story. I mean I love Hayes dearly but he ain't a saint. We all know that," she shook her head and grabbed my keys.

"Well then let's head out," I suggested.

***

We arrived at the door of Charlotte's dorm. As we looked around and silence raided the halls.

"I feel like a cop," Taylor chuckled.

"Yeah you're a very sexy cop aren't you. You can have me in hand cuffs any time you want," I smirked and tapped her ass.

Hayes thinks he's the only brother that has game? It's cute.

"Nash stop," she giggled and leaned against the door.

"You like it though don't deny it baby," I held her butt and kissed her against the door.

I then felt my lips drift away from Taylor's as I heard Taylor land with a thud. I looked down then up to see that the door had been opened and a girl was standing there, bewildered by what just happened.

"Uh hey. Charlotte right?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah," she nodded slowly then looked down at Taylor, who was still on the floor, "don't I know you?"

"Yeah," she got up and fixed her hair, "Kathy's your roommate? She's in one of my classes."

"Ah yes," she nodded again, "Tiara?"

"Taylor," she corrected her.

"Alright got it. Well come in kids what brings you here?" she smiled brightly and we came inside.

"We would like to speak about someone to you Charlotte," I mentioned.

"Alright who?" she asked.

"He's actually someone you know. Hayes," I uttered.

"Oh," suddenly her voice and face faded into something grim.

"You know him?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah. We spent some quality time together," she smiled painfully.

"What did he do to you?" Taylor asked.

"Well let's say that my innocence will never be the same after crossing a devil like him," she walked around and grabbed something from off the couch.

"Have you had any contact with him recently?" I asked.

"Not that I know of. No," she started flicking some dangerous contraption in her hand, "do you guys know him or something?"

Taylor's head swung in my direction and gave me a what now look.

I thought to myself it'd probably be better for our safety to keep our connection to Hayes confidential.

"We're apart of the same charity organisation," I smiled.

"Hayes and charity? Doesn't seem like him. But what do I know? I only knew him for a night," she shrugged.

"What happened that night? If I may ask?" I gulped lightly. She was starting to make me feel a bit uncomfortable.

"I was in the club. Gallop I think the name is. I wouldn't know so well I'm new to the city," she chuckled, "anyway we met. He took me to his place and made sweet love to me. God it was so amazing, best I ever had. He was telling me all these things. How he thought I was so beautiful. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with lil' olde me. I was all hook and sinker for him. Then morning came and he kicked me to the curb."

"I'm so sorry about that," Taylor sympathised.

"Oh but it's alright because he will never ever forget me again. Like he always does whenever I see him in public," she chuckled freakishly.

"Those public encounters. Are those coincidental?" I asked.

"Of course they are!" she answered, enraged by my question, "why wouldn't they be? I'm not crazy. You guys think I'm crazy don't you."

"We never said that-"

"Well I'm perfectly right here! I was the victim! Me! Charlotte! That prick is gonna pay," she shoved the sharp contraption on her wooden desk, "he will."

All Taylor and I could do is look at her in fear as we literally watched her flip personalities.

"Gosh darn me," she giggled softly and took the contraption out of her desk, "I do lose my temper some time. It's something I'm working out. Anyway, anything else you wanna ask me about Hayes?"

"No I think we have all we need. It was a report to see if he's really charitable. Now we know. Thank you for your time," Taylor calmly rushed to the door.

"Enjoy your day Charlotte," I tried to smile as I was leaving.

"Bye y'all," she signed off with a smile as we left.

What the actual hell.