28

Hayes

The drapes had been closed for days. I had lost the concept of time. Zan was sitting on my lap as I listened to the static of the TV. I had lost it all. My moxie. My will to live. Her. I had lost her.

My door suddenly opened and in came Taylor and Nash with bags and food.

"Hey buddy," Nash's voice softly sunk into the room. I stayed silent.

"We got you some things. We also got you Chipotle. Your favourite yummy," Taylor placed the food next to me. I still remained silent.

"We haven't heard from you in a few days. Are you okay?" Taylor asked. I just looked at her then looked down at Zan.

Nash walked over and took Zan off my lap and sat next to me. He forced my head into his chest and that's when the tears.

I was actually crying over a girl. I haven't done that since Amy.

After a solid ten minutes of just crying, I finally came up from his chest and breathed in the air I had been suffocated with for so long.

"What happened bro?" Nash asked.

"Charlotte told Kaylin everything. Even about the past girls. Kaylin came back, took her stuff and left. I've been here ever since," I explained.

"There's got to be a way to get her back," Taylor suggested.

"No," I peeped, "it's over. She said it's over."

"Go to Charlotte," Nash said.

"Again?" I squeaked.

"It's the only way. Only way to make this right," he added.

"Oh God. Anything for Kaylin. I miss her," I uttered and got up with much difficulty, "I'll be back."