9

Hayes

Meet me at the coffee shop in half an hour. I just came off work see you in a bit

I cracked a bit of a smile as I hit send.

"& now Grier, what's with the look?" my colleague, Arthur, asked.

"Well if you must know New Jersey hit," I began, "this man's got a hot date with not just a little girl, but a woman."

"Who is this unlucky broad?" he asked as he walked by my side.

"I don't reveal much. Plus she knows she's lucky to have this package," I raised both my eyebrows.

"Oh cocky Grier never seems to disappear," he slammed his hand on my back, "well have fun. & lots of it."

I chuckled with a smirk & was on my way.

I was actually excited.

This was my first real date in a really long time. Now that I was thinking over it, I wasn't sure how to act.

Maybe as a pickup but extended?

I don't know.

My heart began to race. I was nervous. Really nervous. I walked into the coffee shop & headed for the booth we always sit in.

I first saw the top of her hair & was then blown away by her look. She looked absolutely stunning.

"Hey," she greeted me with a smile as she stood up to hug me.

Usually what my hands would've done was slide down to the jackpot but somehow, I didn't wanna do that with her. I just wanted to hug her.

"Hey you look stunning," I smiled & pulled away.

"Thanks," she smiled, "so shall we?"

"We shall," I smiled & grabbed her hand.

We walked down the street holding hands & honestly it felt nice. Like really nice. I can't really use any other word besides nice.

We went in & I already requested some high quality drinks on pre-order.

"Oh sorry Mr Professional," she chuckled lightly.

"Well when you know people use it to your advantage," I smirked as I pulled out her chair. She sat down & I sat down while the menus were brought to us.

"What do you recommend?" she asked.

"You can order anything it's your choice, but maybe try the fifth item that's a classic," I suggested.

"Alright," she closed her menu booklet as the waiter overheard my recommendation. Then we were left alone.

"So," I gulped.

"You're nervous?" she chuckled softly. God she was beautiful.

"Uh," I coughed, "yeah actually. I don't really know why I'm not really nervous with girls."

"You don't have to be nervous around me," she nodded.

"Well I guess I'm nervous around you because you're not a girl. You're a woman," I stated & from there her face changed to something I couldn't even believe.

The whole night I actually had her wrapped around my finger. She was so different. Such independence & sophistication it was absolutely majestic. I was coming to really know Kaylin Walker.

Yep that's right I know her last name already.

"Here," I smiled at the waiter as he took away our bill.

"Someone's flashy with their money," she cooed.

"I ain't like that trust me," I shook my head with a chuckle. We got up from the table & stood outside the restaurant.

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you home?" I asked.

Normally that line was a leeway into a girl's apartment. Where I'd hit it. But not this time. I genuinely wanted her to get home safe.

"Don't worry about that," she said & held my hands, "I'll be fine."

"Well Kaylin, I actually had an amazing time with you," I smiled & hugged her so tight.

Knowing myself I would've pulled a fast one & went straight for a kiss. But I didn't want to kiss her. Not because I didn't find her attractive or anything, believe me she's a muse. But simply for the fact that I didn't wanna ruin the moment.

"I'll text you okay," she smiled & stroked my cheek, "bye Hayes."

"Bye Kaylin," I smiled back & watched her walk away. I just kept watching her & I loved the view.

"How does someone look so sexy walking away!" I yelled & I saw her turn around with a serious face but I could tell she was stifling a laugh.