21

Hayes

I got out the cab and opened the door for Kaylin.

"Mi amor," I held her hand whilst helping her out the car.

"Well aren't you a gentleman," she kissed my cheek and smiled.

We held hands as we walked down the stone path leading to the house. I knocked on the door and saw the warm smiles of another happy couple greeting us.

"Hayes," Nash smiled as Taylor stood behind him and held his chest, "and you must be Kaylin we've heard so much about you." 

"I'm so happy to hear that," she smiled and shook his hand.

"I'm Taylor. Nash's fiancé," she introduced herself to Kaylin as she hugged her.

"Nice to meet you. Girl you're so pretty," she gushed.

"Thank you. You're gorgeous. I like you already," she laughed.

Kaylin walked in and I followed her as Taylor lead her to the dining room and Nash held my arm.

"Good job lil' bro," he smirked.

"Right," I nodded with a smug look.

"Treat her well. She's not Amy," he mentioned and I kinda regretted telling him.

"Please don't mention that tonight. I don't want Kaylin to know. She deserves the world and not my tortured past," I sympathised.

"Understandable," he nodded and we followed our ladies to the dining room.

"Hope you don't mind. We're both vegan," Taylor disclaimed as we sat down at the table.

"Not at all. Your food looks great," Kaylin smiled as she put her hand on my thigh. Damn she ain't never done that before.

Throughout the night we had delightful conversations and I could tell that Nash and Taylor were really warming up to her. Kaylin was really warming up to me too if you catch my drift. Touching me all the time and complimenting me. Did she do it for show or was she being genuine. Then the unthinkable happened.

As I was telling Nash and Taylor about how we met, I felt her hand slide down my pants and play with something. To think, I thought she was this innocent angel but I guess nobody a saint in the city.

"Since dinner's done we should go to the garden and have dessert," Taylor suggested and we all followed.

"Hayes," Nash called as I turned around. I saw a football approach me and caught it immediately.

"Hayes I didn't know you played football," Kaylin chimed.

"Quarterback in senior year," I boasted proudly.

"I was too. Don't get your hopes up," Nash took the ball from me and started running. I ran after him, tackling him to the ground and doing a little cocky dance as if I made a touch down. Which caused Kaylin to burst into a fit of laughter. Only for Nash to get up and tackle me to the ground causing both Taylor and Kaylin to die of laughter.

"Look at our boys," Taylor smiled while trying to catch her breath.

"Yeah," Kaylin agreed with a smile. We tossed the ball around as dessert was being served. It was a fun night. Until we heard a rustle in the bushes.

"What was that?" Taylor asked.

"Probably some animal," Nash assured her.

"Could you check it out please," Taylor asked.

"Alright. Come bait," Nash took me by the shoulder, causing me to stand up.

"What?" I gawked.

"I'm not having my fave eaten off by a rabid animal," he shook his head with a laugh.

"Wow. You're unbelievable," I rolled my eyes as he pushed me forward. We headed towards the bushes and looked around to see nothing.

Strange.