13

Hayes

"Thank you," I smiled at the cashier, giving her the money & taking the bouquet of Daffodils.

I had never bought flowers for a girl. Well except for her. A long time ago but that was besides the point. Kaylin deserved these flowers.

I was walking down the street, on my way to the date with my attention on my phone when I suddenly bumped into someone.

"Oh sorry," I looked up & saw her face again.

"Oh Hayes," she held my hands that were holding the bouquet of flowers, "you shouldn't have."

"I didn't," I smiled smugly & brought the bouquet closer to my chest.

"When are you going to see me again?" she asked with a twinkling smile.

"I don't even know your name," I shook my head & gave her a look of confusion.

"Charlotte. Also known as the best sex you've ever had," she spat.

"Are you sure? I don't think I'd hit it with someone as crazy as you," I looked down at her, "now if you'll excuse me I have to be somewhere."

I walked past her as I heard her yelling but was too concentrated on Kaylin to even listen.

I walked in & immediately saw her looking as beautiful as ever.

"Hi," she smiled & stood up to hug me.

"Hey," I hugged her back, "these are for you."

"My God Hayes," she giggled & took the flowers, "wow thank you. I honestly don't deserve it."

"But you do," I smiled & pulled back her chair.

"Wow what a gentleman," she gushed & sat down.

I sat down with her & just stared.

Kaylin was some artwork that was so exquisite. So rare. You couldn't find someone like her anymore. She was absolutely nothing like the other girls I've been with.

"Hayes," I heard her sweet laugh seep into my ears.

"Yeah?" I chuckled with her.

"You literally zoned out. You alright?" she asked.

"Yeah," I looked down, "your beauty just took me that's all."

"Shut up," she laughed, "but thank you."

My phone began buzzing like crazy.

"Wow I thought this was on silent," I shook my head & checked it.

"No worries," she held my hand across the table.

I'm watching you

I looked around the restaurant & I didn't see her.

What a bluff.