6

Hayes

I laid in my comfortable bed, alone for once. Something that only happens occasionally. I stared up at my ceiling with my hands under my head.

I couldn't get my mind off of that girl at the coffee shop.

I didn't even think about wanting her sexually anymore. I wanted to soothe and pleasure her emotionally.

I wanted to make her smile and happy. She obviously wasn't alright and it bugged me that she didn't want anything to do with me.

Rejection isn't something I usually have to deal with.

I turned over on my side and picked up my phone from my night stand. I pressed the home button to see three missed calls and two texts from Charlotte.

I guess I was too zoned out to realize what else was going on.

I set my phone back down and went back to laying on my back.

I was just trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with that girl.

Deceased family member or friend?

Job loss?

Broken heart?

My thoughts were interrupted by laughter and hushed voices coming through the front door.

Nash and Taylor were back from their anniversary date.

They seem happy together, unlike that girl at the cafe.

Maybe we could be that happy together, I just don't want to be together

Do I?