14

Hayes

Tonight is the night.

I was actually going to a club with a girl.

Crazy right?

The car stopped outside of Kaylin's apartment building & I got out, slipping the driver some extra bills & walking in. I saw her, radiant as ever, waiting in the lobby.

"Your night awaits milady," I did a little spin & held out my hand.

"Prince Charming or what," she chuckled lightly as she took my hand. I led her outside into the cab & we began our journey.

I decided to take her to Gallop because I wanted her to get the full blown experience.

"Gallop?" she snickered painfully, "the same place where all those sappy guys go to pick up chicks just for a good fuck?"

"I think it has its class if you ask me," I shrugged lightly starting to get a little nervous.

"Class? More like sleaze," she laughed achingly, "but I guess if you say so I'll take your word for it. You're the reason why I'm trying new things."

As her head rested upon my chest in the backseat of the cab, I began thinking.

Kaylin can't know what kind of guy I really am. Maybe taking her to Gallop wasn't gonna work?

Too late.

The cab stopped outside the place & we got out. She held my hand as I paid the cab driver which was a first because Kaylin was very slow when it came to affection. Hell, I haven't even kissed her yet.

We walked in & she looked around with a normal face but I could see the little twinkle in her eyes.

"Hayes the lady slayer what's poppin'?" Evan, my usual bartender, greeted as we made our way to the bar.

"Lady slayer?" I heard Kaylin whisper under her breath.

"He's just like that babe," I stroked her cheek with a calming smile & turned back to Evan, "Evan my man. Hook us up with some Screwdrivers."

"You got it," he smiled & started making our drinks, "that your lady?"

"Yeah," I smiled at him then looked down at her.

"First one of the night?" he chuckled.

"What?" Kaylin snapped.

"Man what you talking about?" I chuckled & slowly shook my head.

"Man don't play dumb I know your game," he slid the two glasses towards us.

"Thanks Evan," I gritted through my teeth & gave Kaylin her drink.

"No problem. Charge it to the tab?" he asked.

"No I'll pay," I took out my wallet, "Kaylin sweetheart, you wanna go dance? I'll meet you there."

"Alright," she gave me a look of suspicion & left.

"Evan dude," I came up to the bar.

"She's a nice little number right there. Nice starter yeah," he smirked.

"I came with her," I grunted & dropped the money on the counter.

"Seriously?" he gawked.

"Yes," I said through my teeth, "now keep it down with the slayer talk. I don't wanna mess up with her."

"Wow Hayes you've grown," he nodded & kept working.

"Gee thanks," I nodded & left with my drink. I joined her on the dancefloor & watched as the dim show lights of the club hit her face & her bouncing hair.

This girl could dance.

"You a dancer?" I asked as I brought my body closer to hers.

"I did for a few years but I stopped when I graduated high school," she explained while she kept moving.

"Well show me some of your moves baby," I downed my drink & held her hips.

"You sure you can keep up?" she held my hands in place & started to move more vigorously.

"I mean I think I can," I smirked as our foreheads touched. She turned up the heat & my God, it was the sexiest thing I had ever witnessed in my days of chasing women.

From every booty drop to every spin to every hip grind to every head spin, she was making me lose my mind. I knew something from the moment I met Kaylin & this was that something.

She was wild.

Soon enough we were hitting all of the corners of the club, either dancing, drinking or feeling the vibe with other people.

"You having a good time babe?" I chuckled drunkenly as I put both of my hands on the wall.

"Yeah," she giggled sweetly, "what's the time?"

"Well," I looked at my wrist, "two in the morning."

"We better jet honey," she gently put her hand on my chest. It felt weird but I guess I was that drunk.

"Alright," I pouted, "gimme a kiss first."

"Hayes," she laughed.

"I'm serious!" I interjected as I closed my eyes.

"I'll see how I feel when I get home," she held my chin.

"Girl I know you want me," I hiccupped.

"Don't try that crap mouth with me boy," she took her hand off of my chin.

"Okay wait I'm sorry," I slurred, "lemme call us an Uber. Something nice."

"That's fine by me," she got out of the corner & led me to the door as I typed on my phone.

We stood outside as I rested my head on her shoulder.

"You cold?" I asked, trying to keep balance.

"A little," she squeaked. With much difficulty I took off my jacket & rested it on her shoulders.

"Oh good," I approached the car & opened the door for her.

"I have to hand it to you even when you're drunk you're still a gentleman," she nodded & got in. I followed her & there we were in the backseat as she held onto me tightly.

"I didn't know I could have so much fun at a club," she shook her head followed by a laugh of uncertainty.

"I knew you would. You just needed the right person to show you a good time," I put my hand on her thigh.

"Yeah I guess so," she gently slid my hand off of her thigh.

Her deny game was unbelievable. I was still very new to that wait till she wants it thing.

"Well I guess this is it," she said as she got out of the car.

"Wait," I held her wrist, "you still owe me a kiss."

"Goodnight Hayes," she smiled, kissed my hand & was on her way.

What just happened?